Jigmaster 506HS Upgraded and Tanked!

Started by fIsHsTiiCkS, February 15, 2015, 06:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

No I'm not. I say we because there are lots of parts out there that were started by me and others here. For the most part, we are a team. I could probably get them done, but someone else is already offering those ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Quote from: broschro on February 17, 2015, 09:56:04 PM
Quote from: Black Pearl on February 17, 2015, 12:34:13 PM
Quote from: broschro on February 17, 2015, 01:08:42 AM
I am using Bryan's kit and black pearls 4:8.1 gears with the material that Sal uses under the main gear and on top. I use Bryan's heavy bevel on top because I like my drag to start up a little faster.the real is super smooth pulling 22 pounds of drag straight from the reel.I love my greased carbon fiber drag washers in the stack but will never go back to them  underneath the main gear.  much smoother with the new material and that's what you want your drag to be.
I believe that that gear set is 4:1 SS. I don't think that you bought the 4.8:1 Newell gear set.
i got the 5:1 fIsHsTiiCkS said that his are also 5:1 but he came up with 4:8:1
Those don't look anything like the 4:1, the teeth on the 4:1 are not as sharp
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12435.0
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Black Pearl

Quote from: broschro on February 17, 2015, 09:56:04 PM
Quote from: Black Pearl on February 17, 2015, 12:34:13 PM
Quote from: broschro on February 17, 2015, 01:08:42 AM
I am using Bryan's kit and black pearls 4:8.1 gears with the material that Sal uses under the main gear and on top. I use Bryan's heavy bevel on top because I like my drag to start up a little faster.the real is super smooth pulling 22 pounds of drag straight from the reel.I love my greased carbon fiber drag washers in the stack but will never go back to them  underneath the main gear.  much smoother with the new material and that's what you want your drag to be.
I believe that that gear set is 4:1 SS. I don't think that you bought the 4.8:1 Newell gear set.
i got the 5:1 fIsHsTiiCkS said that his are also 5:1 but he came up with 4:8:1
FishsTicks' gear set is Newell 4.8:1 that I made. That is 2 difference gear sets.

broschro

go back to page 1.it says  5:1right on the package.

Black Pearl

Quote from: broschro on February 18, 2015, 12:08:42 AM
Ok. He has the only set I sold to. The other 19 set went to a tackle shop in Honolulu.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Black Pearl

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 18, 2015, 12:45:31 AM
Ahh! Now the truth comes out! ;)

Nope, I did post it to ask who would like to order it, but I only have FishTicks replied after about 2 weeks. Then, the tackle shop called for them.

foakes

Hard to get too far ahead of Alan C. (Black Pearl) --

All of those guys on the left side of the Pacific live where it is tomorrow (other side of IDL) --

Best,

Fred

;D ;D ;D
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Black Pearl on February 18, 2015, 12:56:20 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 18, 2015, 12:45:31 AM
Ahh! Now the truth comes out! ;)

Nope, I did post it to ask who would like to order it, but I only have FishTicks replied after about 2 weeks. Then, the tackle shop called for them.
Just make sure you don't put these ahead of the next 4:1 run, a lot of us are only interested in those.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 18, 2015, 12:48:55 AM
Yup! I didn't even know about these top secret gears... I lost my stripes :(

I swooped in on the gears as soon as I saw them posted. I had been thinking of a 505 build with SS gears for awhile. Alan Chui Really came through on these gears but I Dont think you will have to worry about them coming out a head of the new 4:1, as these 4.8:1's dont have as much interest. Ill see later if we can talk Alan into another run of 20, down the road though. I am surprise these werent more popular with the Newell guys.

Quote from: broschro on February 18, 2015, 12:08:42 AM

It might just be the jigmaster 5:1 gear set and not the newell one im showing. Best way, is to pull it out and check.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Just a quick note on the SS bridge screws I am using for this build. I used the 5/8 length and they are the closest to the same length as the bridge screws, however they do stick out a little further.

They do not rub on the spool and there is not clearance issues, so I saw no need to trim them. On a side note though, in the accuplates these screws fit PERFECTLY.

Ron Jones

Crazy question that I might have to answer myself. Are the 4.8:1 gears the answer for the 112H? I want a high speed 80 pound Tuna Special.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: noyb72 on February 18, 2015, 05:53:35 AM
Crazy question that I might have to answer myself. Are the 4.8:1 gears the answer for the 112H? I want a high speed 80 pound Tuna Special.
Ron

No, Alan Chui is coming out with a new set off 4:1 gears for the jigmaster that will fit the 112h. That would be great gears for that reel!

Black Pearl

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on February 18, 2015, 06:03:55 AM
Ron

No, Alan Chui is coming out with a new set off 4:1 gears for the jigmaster that will fit the 112h. That would be great gears for that reel!

And the code name is "Vice Versa"....

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Black Pearl on February 18, 2015, 11:43:27 PM
Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on February 18, 2015, 06:03:55 AM
Ron

And the code name is "Vice Versa"....

Haha! I love the code name! Now cant wait to get my hands on it!