big boy senator inserts

Started by Three se7ens, March 14, 2015, 02:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockyR

Three se7ens

Picked up some parts from the cutter, and have a full kit for the 14/0 together.  Still waiting on the 12/0 insert from the cutter, but I expect to have both kits in Daron's reels before his next fishing trip.  Cant wait to see the results, but Im confident the performance will be exceptional.   

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Oh wow!!! I didn't see this latest. Adam, they look amazing I wonder how much I could pull with one of those. The big senators should feel silky smooth at 40#, you could probably smoke a cigar as reel in a monster ;D.
Very nice job!.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Shark Hunter

The Big Boys came today! I am impressed Adam. I will be slapping these in my ss sleeved 12 and 14/0 this weekend.
I am waiting for the new run of 113H gears from Black Pearl for my 113H insert.
113H, 114H/9/0, 12/0 and 14/0 inserts from Adam.
Life is Good!

Strick

Three se7ens

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 04, 2015, 03:31:38 PM
Oh wow!!! I didn't see this latest. Adam, they look amazing I wonder how much I could pull with one of those. The big senators should feel silky smooth at 40#, you could probably smoke a cigar as reel in a monster ;D.
Very nice job!.

Isnt that how they did it in the old days with these reels anyways? :D

Looking forward to seeing the testing, and hopefully some sharks on the sand too.  Best of luck on your trip, Daron.

Shark Hunter

Getting my 12/0 ready for battle with all the latest upgrades.
This is a prototype. I have some fitting to do.
I managed to fit eight of these drag washers in the insert. More then enough to rip this reel off the stand or pull me into the abyss.
I made a custom Delrin under gear and one on top the same size as the washers.
This was no easy task, but I managed to get it done. At the lowest drag setting, this reel is pulling at least 10 lbs. I will treat this one with the utmost respect. I realize its power.
Spooled with 1000 yards of 100 lb Bullbuster Mono. This is a 12/0 like no other.
Tom Hyrinuk prototype ss sleeve, Adam's prototype insert and Shark Handle. Lee's double ss dogs and a set of stainless posts. Bolted to a Calstar Baby Boomer Berserker Rod.

Life is Good!

Southernsharker

Daron keep me posted I can't wait for these to be available  I had 200lb test broke on a bridge Saturday  night using half a aj because I couldn't  put enough  drag on the 14/0 with this upgrade I know I'll turn them haha

Rancanfish

Wow this high tech stuff is amazing.  How exactly did you get the remotes to control the drags.  ;D

Can't wait to hear how they work out. 

You sure keep pretty reels Daron.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Shark Hunter

Thanks Randy. I'll keep you posted on these Brandon. I am actually a little scared of this reel. I know I can handle a stock 12/0 on full lockdown, but this one can handle some crazy drag numbers.
I will need to definitely control myself if I hook into something that needs the star cranked down.
I only have this coming weekend to get the 14/0 ready, I splurged for the ss posts mod on the 14 and 16/0. I will definitely keep a knife ready if I get in over my head.
Wish me luck guys. I feel good about this one. ;)
Life is Good!

bluefish69

All you have to pack is Water Skies & you are ready to go.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

That's not the kind of luck I need Mike. ;)
Life is Good!