Navarre Florida

Started by Shark Hunter, May 08, 2015, 05:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

Daron we went out fishing Saturday and there was a huge shark in out chum slick. I thought of you..! We had to move b/c he would eat half of our Amberjack.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

ChileRelleno

Daron, you fought that beast of the briny deep to the shore, the team simply helped get it on/off the hook.
Take care of the family, and you'll find time to put some more on the sand.

I'll say it again.
Rig a whole tuna, hooked nose & tail and drop that at least even with the end of the pier...  Then drink beer & be patient, they'll bite.

C'mon show us a 10' or better.  ;)
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

bluefish69

Daron

We need you up here right away with your gear. There is a 16' Great White swimming off of Fire Island.

PLEASE HELP UP US

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

bestout

Quote from: bluefish69 on May 13, 2015, 03:33:59 AM
Daron

We need you up here right away with your gear. There is a 16' Great White swimming off of Fire Island.

PLEASE HELP UP US

Mike
Was this the shark that was on the news? he ate another white shark
The monsters in my head are scared......

Dominick

Wow 16' is a monster.  Were there any photos?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

CapeFish

Great Hammer Shark Hunter, well done

coastal_dan

Very nice! Looking forward to more pictures.  Even if you don't catch a ton of fish/sharkys, relaxing time with the family is what vacation is all about!  Those family pics are priceless, wall hangers for sure.

Have a blast!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Shark Hunter

With all the swimmers, I have to wait until evening to get a bait out. I had three pickups, but they were dropped. Short fast runs. Black tips for sure. Around 8:30, we were swarmed with some kind of flying insect. The wife ran back to the room. I held out for another half hour, but they were getting in my nose and ears and I was outta beer. At least they didn't bite thank goodness.
Life is Good!

bestout

lucky you can fish from the shore.  :( :'(
The monsters in my head are scared......

ChileRelleno

Remember last year,
we got swarmed off Chickenbone by some type of flying beetle.
Looked a little like firefly's, but no fire, and thankfully no bite.
Try J hooks or trebles on those BTs.

G'luck!
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

thorhammer

great job folks and well deserved!!!!! can that view with a cold one while you wait!!!!

Shark Hunter

These bugs were different John, they were almost like a worm with wings. Once they landed, they shed their wings and were crawling all over you. It didn't bother me that much, but The wife went running before the full barrage came on. As long as I'm not getting bit, I can deal with bugs. Its part of the adventure. ;)
I have two days left, its all or nothing now. I am really glad you came down and gave me the pleasure of catching that beast. You know how short handed I am. I'm not making excuses, but without another strong back, it makes it tough. I went out with a pompano rig this evening and didn't even get it wet.
My Son's shelling took priority.
That Hammer was my Personal Best thanks to you, but that whole Blackfin on a 500 yard drop should call in a Leviathan.
Life is Good!

Keta

Being on the beach beats being home any day.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

ChileRelleno

My pleasure Daron,
you deserve it for all you do for others, and were overdue.
I had two goals that night, put a nice fish in your hands and put one on the beach for Kaelten to experience.
Very happy to see everything work out right...  For once.  8)
Kaelten is still crowing about his sharking trip, he might get to come out with me on the 4th.
You put a whole one out deep and double hooked, I'll call Kaelten and have him pray again, you're sure to hook a monster.
Ragnar Benson: