Navarre Florida

Started by Shark Hunter, May 08, 2015, 05:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I'm back home and I let you guys down again. That is the only shark I caught.
My hands were tied on this trip. I am just happy to have caught that one. It was a rush! ;D
maybe if I would have did less of this.
and more of this. ;D
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

Not a let down at all!  Family vacation is about priorities and shelling with the kiddo is top priority.  You certainly look relaxed, also another very important part of vacation!  I'm slowly learning these lesson's the longer I'm in the 'work force', haha.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

foakes

No one was let down, Daron --

We appreciate you taking is along --

Like they say -- that is why they call it fishing, instead of catching.

You had all of your priorities straight.

Thank You...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

steelfish

loving the white sand.. pretty much like can-cun

the sand on my beaches are kind of muddy and full of small rocks its really hard to stick a pike more than 10"

thats why I have to go with something like this

now, I wish I have at least one shark on my list of captured species.
The Baja Guy

Reel 224

Like Fred said you let no one down, hey it a vacation you are supposed to relax 8)
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

ChileRelleno

No let down here either.
We've caught at least one nice shark every time we've fished together.

I am sorry to hear that Mike had to cancel their trip.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

Don't feel that sorry for him. He caught a 20" bass last weekend on an ultra light reel. Him and his wife are kayaking the freshwater and catching some fish.
I found this pic of you and me the wife took. :D She is getting the big tongue in that one. I wish that beserker rod would have went off. There is a ton of Hardware in that beast.
You were right about giving the old man a workout, I was just concentrating on getting him in as quick as possible. I actually felt out gunned with a 12/0. Next trip out, I'm fishing the 14/0 that I didn't even get wet again! I think with that bigger spool and capacity, It will just take some winching. I realize now that I need to upgrade to a wider plate with more padding. My legs were bruised where that plate was riding. I felt it the next day.
Thanks again John. I owe you one Brother. ;)

Life is Good!

Reel 224

The picture of you fighting that HH shows it all. You have a strange grimes on yer face and lots of sweet. No shame there,just plain JOY!!   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

reelrepair123

fantastic  daron    what can be said, great family, good company, fishing and relaxation, gets no better.  take care my friend

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 20, 2015, 05:46:15 AM

You were right about giving the old man a workout, I was just concentrating on getting him in as quick as possible.
I actually felt out gunned with a 12/0. Next trip out, I'm fishing the 14/0 that I didn't even get wet again!
I think with that bigger spool and capacity, It will just take some winching.

That 12/0's internals are 100% factory stock and that 2:1 gear ratio really makes you work for every yard of line, not to mention gaining line on a fish that comes at you.
Would love to see Alan make some 2.8:1 or even 3:1 stainless gears for these old school workhorses.

Oh but for the money for an Everol 14/0  ;)

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

Since you brought it up John. I've had this reel for two years on my night stand. Maybe next May, It will be time to get her wet. High speed is 3:1, Low is 1.6:1. With the size of the spool, I'd say it would make life a lot easier. ;) I just need a rod to put her on. Probably another Bezerker.
You can clearly see the lines on the spool that correlate to the drag numbers on the lever.
This is a serious reel that can handle the biggest Sharks from Shore.
Life is Good!