Big boy senator inserts: the list

Started by Three se7ens, July 08, 2015, 03:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

Since these are going to have a rather limited market, Im only going to cut enough sets to fill the demand here.  I can do another run at any time as long as there are a few people interested, but I dont really want to keep these in stock. 

The back story and test results can be seen here:  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13432.0

So heres the price breakdown on these with the options.  Daron tested an 8 stack in the 12/0 and a 5 stack in the 14/0.  I can do anything between for either reel.  The price will be the same for all combinations.

$54 plus shipping per kit.  Each kit will include an aluminum insert, carbon fiber washers, stainless washers, and a delrin washer for under the gear. 

Just reply here with what you want to get on the list.  Be sure to include the size and how many cf washers you want in the stack for each kit.

These kits may require a little fitting, as I dont have a reel to test fit each one on.  Besides, even in cases where I do, there are manufacturing tolerances in all these parts, so what may fit perfectly in one reel may require a little fitting in another.  It wont take much, but a little filing may be required.  If there is a major issue, or the stack is too short or to tall, just message me and Ill take care of you. 

Tightlines667

Adam,

I will take:
- 2 12/0 inserts with 8 stacks
-2 14/0 inserts with 8 stacks

And if possible, I would like 4 extra Delron washers.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Thanks for doing this Adam. I will see how many washers it takes to fill the 14/0 gear up. It might take a different thickness of washers.
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

One 12/0 with 8 stack, please and than you.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Cortez_Conversions

I'll take 2 for the 12/0 and 2 for the 14/0, 8 washer stack on them all.
Thank you.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Southernsharker

Need 2 for the 12/0  8 stack please

Shark Hunter

When Tom H. placed his order for two of each insert with eight stacks. I figured I better make sure they fit. I know the 12/0 does. The 14/0 does as well. I suggest you make both kits like this. The thin washers work fine, with one thick one on top. I thought the bigger insert would take more, but it is actually a tighter fit with the thin washers. After 7, I had to put the star on to smash them down to fit the eight. Then a thick washer on top.
The 5 stack with all thick washers is an option as well with the 14, but to keep it simple. Eight stacks will work. I hated taking this reel apart again, but it had to be done.

Life is Good!

Southernsharker

Just 2 for the 12 I'm gonna leave the big reel alone

Islandgypsy

Adam, please put me down for one 12/0 and one 14/0, both eight stack..thanks much.

mrand

Hi Adam,
I'm also in.

thanks your so much for this. Can't wait!
(also interested in 9/0 upgrades)

michael

Three se7ens

Quote from: mrand on July 20, 2015, 03:00:24 PM
Hi Adam,
I'm also in.

thanks your so much for this. Can't wait!
(also interested in 9/0 upgrades)

michael

I have already put in the order for inserts, but Ill see if its not too late to add a few. 

For this batch, Im setting the deadline to get on the list at tomorrow morning. 

ChileRelleno

Adam,
is it possible to ship two sets of CF washers with my order (One 12/0 8-stack)?
Please & thank you.
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Three se7ens

Quote from: ChileRelleno on July 21, 2015, 03:10:18 AM
Adam,
Please & thank you.

I'd depends on how much of the carbon fiber sheet I can get my hands on. I'm going to fill the sets first then we will see about extras.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Three se7ens on July 21, 2015, 04:06:14 AM
Adam,
Please & thank you.

I'd depends on how much of the carbon fiber sheet I can get my hands on. I'm going to fill the sets first then we will see about extras.
Understandable & fair enough.
Going to be needing a new set of CF washers for the 9/0 too by the time this sharking season is over.
Any time frame for the next round of 6/0 & 9/0 inserts? I might be tempted to put one in my 6/0.
Ragnar Benson:

Three se7ens

Quote from: ChileRelleno on July 21, 2015, 11:34:57 PM
Quote from: Three se7ens on July 21, 2015, 04:06:14 AM
Adam,
Please & thank you.

Understandable & fair enough.
Going to be needing a new set of CF washers for the 9/0 too by the time this sharking season is over.
Any time frame for the next round of 6/0 & 9/0 inserts? I might be tempted to put one in my 6/0.

I have a batch on order along with the big boy inserts.  I should have all available in about 3 weeks.