I don't think it's treatable...(fun, not serious)

Started by coastal_dan, August 07, 2015, 06:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Nice collection, Dan! I haven't heard of a squidder anniversary reel, but knowing Penn, it probably exists.
Best of luck on your treasure hunt.
Dom

MarkT

How does red Monster go with Vodka? I know Millennials like Red Bull with a Vodka!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Yogi_fish808

Haha oh man...I have a little bit of red fever too. Just picked up a red 50th anniversary spool for my accurate 500!

Reel 224

Just purchased an Ice blue frame from vintage offshore Tackle for my 200, Ill have to see if I can find a Ice blue Spool.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

coastal_dan

Not sure about the energy drink mixes, I'm a Hendricks/Tonic or Makers Mark Manhattan kind of guy.

Dom/Sal -I had a gentleman give me a hard time for calling the reels 'Anniversary Reels' and he said he had a buddy that bought red anodized squidder spools from a Penn dealer around '77 - '78.  So who knows... (the conversation ended up getting interesting, so it was worth the initial back and forth banter, haha)
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Reel 224

No Ice Blue Spool for me, none available as far as we know right now but I would settle for Silver,Black,or Red at this point for my Surfmaster 200. I'm Desperate at this point for a new Aluminum spool to fit that reel because the original one is pitted and really doesn't complement the new AccuFrame from Randy. Hard to find after market parts for the Surfmaster, I guess not many people dress them up.

Joe

Dan you do have one heck of a nice collection there, I'm starting to work on mine little at a time.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Aiala

Definitely not treatable... as witnessed by latest (unnecessary) acquisition:

Soon on its way to Ye Olde Bling Shoppe.  ;) :D 8)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Doug

Joe  I have  a 100 and 150  both on trib frames and updated with all the goodies I am sure you know that Scott's has the spool you seek  for the 200 but its expensive at around $36 plus their shipping charges . they say limited supply.   Doug

thorhammer

Quote from: Aiala on August 14, 2015, 02:48:52 PM
Definitely not treatable... as witnessed by latest (unnecessary) acquisition:

Soon on its way to Ye Olde Bling Shoppe.  ;) :D 8)

~A~

You are unstoppable.

Aiala

Quote from: thorhammer on August 14, 2015, 05:10:57 PM
You are unstoppable.

Truly. I am one sick puppy...  ::)

Cracked open this poor reel to find the drag stack not just stuck, but fused together so solidly that I couldn't even slip a razor blade between the washers...  :P

Honestly, it's a crime what some folks do to their equipment.  >:(

Anyway, into the Simple Green bucket it goes, that can usually un-stick the mess so I can start reconditioning.

~A~

Reel 224

Quote from: Doug on August 14, 2015, 03:26:52 PM
Joe  I have  a 100 and 150  both on trib frames and updated with all the goodies I am sure you know that Scott's has the spool you seek  for the 200 but its expensive at around $36 plus their shipping charges . they say limited supply.   Doug

Scots: Isn't that far from me, I can drive there and pick it up...as a matter of fact I will call him now to see what he has available. Thanks for the heads up. I'm also waiting for a response from Randy as well. Thanks

Joe

coastal_dan

Aiala - My 113HLW was the same way...FUSED.  Also, bent eccentric spring as well (not even sure how that happens).  I emailed the seller...his response..."felt fine to me"...long llllllooonnnnnggggg sigh followed once I read that.  Oh well.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Reel 224

Quote from: Reel 224 on August 14, 2015, 05:34:24 PM
Quote from: Doug on August 14, 2015, 03:26:52 PM

Scots: Isn't that far from me, I can drive there and pick it up...as a matter of fact I will call him now to see what he has available. Thanks for the heads up. I'm also waiting for a response from Randy as well. Thanks

Joe

Randy has one that is less expensive so I'm getting it from him, and I like his service...fast!! ;D

Aiala

Quote from: coastal_dan on August 14, 2015, 07:36:54 PM
Aiala - My 113HLW was the same way...FUSED. Also, bent eccentric spring as well (not even sure how that happens). I emailed the seller...his response..."felt fine to me"...long llllllooonnnnnggggg sigh followed once I read that. Oh, well.

Dan, I never bother writing back. The way I see it, anyone who would sell a frozen-up mess that "felt fine to me" is obviously an idiot, and I don't waste my time on idiots.  ::)

I just fix it up better than new, and move on.   ;)

~A~

Reel 224

Quote from: Aiala on August 14, 2015, 09:11:04 PM
Quote from: coastal_dan on August 14, 2015, 07:36:54 PM
Aiala - My 113HLW was the same way...FUSED. Also, bent eccentric spring as well (not even sure how that happens). I emailed the seller...his response..."felt fine to me"...long llllllooonnnnnggggg sigh followed once I read that. Oh, well.

Dan, I never bother writing back. The way I see it, anyone who would sell a frozen-up mess that "felt fine to me" is obviously an idiot, and I don't waste my time on idiots.  ::)

I just fix it up better than new, and move on.   ;)

~A~

Excellent advice Aiala! It just ends up lowering your own standards. ;)