Main Menu

Quick 220n

Started by Billfoote, August 26, 2015, 01:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

we'll work something out.....  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Protourist

I now have a 220 reel with no spool and a 220n spool with no reel. :-\
I'm left handed, if that matters,  and I only need one reel this size. Should I try to find a sppol for the 220 or a reel for the 220n?

foakes

Handle will switch over from left to right crank on a 220 -- not a 220N.

Some left-handed folks prefer to crank with their right hand -- some prefer their left -- personal preference.

You should be able to find a 220 spool for around $15-$20 + shipping -- then sell the 220N for the same number.

Or, if the "N" spool is in good condition -- I will swap straight across if you pay postage both ways.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Protourist

Quote from: foakes on August 18, 2016, 06:05:31 PM
Handle will switch over from left to right crank on a 220 -- not a 220N.

Some left-handed folks prefer to crank with their right hand -- some prefer their left -- personal preference.

You should be able to find a 220 spool for around $15-$20 + shipping -- then sell the 220N for the same number.

Or, if the "N" spool is in good condition -- I will swap straight across if you pay postage both ways.

Best,

Fred

The N spool will arrive tomorrow. It is supposed to be in good condition. I'll pm you this weekend. I'll send it your way and if you feel it's good enough to trade we'll trade.
Thank you. I do prefer to reel with my right hand but I am going to keep a reel or two with left hand cranks. I like to be able to do things either way.
The gorgeous little 110 on the Wright McGill Trailmaster I just picked up will stay on the left.