CorrosionX Grease

Started by Bryan Young, January 10, 2011, 12:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeFish

I use Omega 95, check out the website, it looks remarkeably similar to the Corrosion x Grease

http://www.oilssa.co.za/greases.htm

broadway

Hey Jim,

What do you make of the msds sheet... is it any good.  After reading your reports on tsi301 you know what you're talking about.  Like Alan said, "a man's gotta now his limits."
Thanks
Dom

Killerbug

They also make some reel grease now

http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

solsrf1

Quote from: Killerbug on October 30, 2012, 09:02:18 PM
They also make some reel grease now

Interested to find out where I could get some of this ReelX grease you showed a picture of here.
Any feedback on how it performs? Thanks Mike

johndtuttle

that corrosion-x grease looks like sexy stuff. I'd be interested. :)

Bryan Young

ReelX soft grease is the same as CorrosionX HD except in a bottle instead of a can.   ReelX medium grease is CorrosionX Grease plus CorrosionX HD for a little thicker consistency than CorrosionX  HD but thinner than CorrosionX Grease. Hope this helps.

I don't know of the price here in the US as its only supplied in Europe, primarily in Germany. May be easy to get in Europe, but hard to get here in the US.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Killerbug

Maybe this helps, the Scandex distributer in USA, is

Interjet Inc.
Byron Hofman
Claiere Chennoult Addison TX 75001

Tel 001972931 8889
Fax 001 972 931 8892

Australia

X-Products   Dirk Groening
Emerald Beach 2456 NSW

Phone: +61 (0)448 886464

Mail: info@xproducts.com.au
www.xproducts.com.au

For other countries look here

http://www.scandex.de/en/chemie/scandex-distributors.html

Killerbug

Eat my hat, that the medium grease is exactly the same Bryan bought.  The trick is, make some sexy labels on a nice container(add something with fishing reel)
and sell it for 20$ the ounce, preferable without a data sheet( so no one knows the real source)

D impala95

Looks very similar to Cal's grease. ???
I'm a trained killer.
It's killing time but please leave oversize sturgeon in the water.

Don Leitao

Bryan Young

Don, it may look the same, but it's very different.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Wolli

some comments for to bring light in the dark.

i stay happily retired as freelance consulter (angler and shooter with more than 50y experience on my shoulders)
close to the German manufacturer Scandex AG. But i have no influence in their operative decisions. I can recommend these and that and what i would do, but the rest is their own decision. Sorry, thats why you cannot buy ReelX Grease Medium yet in America.

For clarification:
CorrosionX Grease and ReelX Grease Medium are definitely the same stuff!
To industrial companies they sell it as "CorrosionX Grease" in 400g tubes, and to the anglers as "ReelX Grease Medium" in small 30g boxes.( sorry, was my idea). Same applies to CorosionX HD (Heavy Duty) and ReelX Grease Soft.
A wellknown American reel manufacturer tested the medium grease already and were fully convinced.
Meanwhile Scandex sells the complete product line CorrosionX, ReelX, SpeedX and the both greases in Germany, Austria and Australia. Replies from importes in Poland, Russia and an important Asian country are still pending.

@ Killerbug:
In case you are interested in one of the products, feel free to contact one of the following German tackle dealers
or me by PN

CH Rutenbau
Wasserloos 2 F
24943 Flensburg
Phone: +49(0)461-14681381
E-Mail: ch-rutenbau@arcor.de
www.rutenreparatur.de/shop/speedx-reelx-öl-und-fett/

Canyon Reels Europe
The Tackle Shop
Am Butterhügel 3
66450 Bexbach-Kleinottweiler
Phone: +49(0)6373 506040
E-Mail: info@the-tackle-shop.com
www.canyonreels.eu/de/online-shop/pflegeoele-a-fette?page=shop.browse&category_id=5

70° Nord
General Importer AVET Reels
Nagoldblick 12
75399 Unterreichenbach
Tel: +49(0)7235-974154
Fax: +49(0)7235-974384
Mail: info@70grad-nord.de
www.70grad-nord.de/schmierstoffe.html

From the prices you will see that one ounce is much cheaper than expected, and that incl. 19pct German VAT ;D
Let me know when you eat your hat, ill come to Denmark, lovede/promised.

This are the customer informations from the Scandex Flyer:

+2000 hrs Salt Spray Test
ReelX Grease Soft is proven for its super long-term protection against serious rust and corrosion assault. For those really tough jobs where you need the ultimate protection against moisture, the answer is ReelX Grease Soft. There is no other product like it on the market today. It is a high performance, thick-film version of CorrosionX. It was developed specifically to provide maximum protection against moisture intrusion and resulting rust and corrosion. Highly recommended for use on all FISHING REELS, ReelX Grease Soft forms a dripless, dynamic, non-hardening, self-healing film that stubbornly resists erosion including complete submersion in saltwater. It will slowly penetrate existing rust and corrosion, remove moisture and stop electrolysis, and then it seals moisture out. Unlike wax coatings, it will not dry out, stiffen or crack under stress.
It contains no wax, tar, silicone or other solids, So It Can't Gum-Up                                                                   Recommended for gears, bearings and inside protection of all fishing reels.
Processing Temperature: -20°C (-4°F) to +130°C (266°F), short term +160°C (320°F)
STOPS AND PREVENTS CORROSION AND RUST
Non-Toxic • Non-Carcinogenic • Non-Flammable

ReelX Grease Medium, our new ultra-high performance grease, for use in high corrosive environments
Same high performance product like ReelX Grease Soft with a thicker consistency, NLGI Classification II              Originally developed for windpower plants, oil platforms and general maritime applications.
Apply on gears, bearings and for inside protection from midium sized Spinners up to Big Game  Reels.
It contains no wax, tar, silicone or other solids, So It Can't Gum-Up!                                                             Processing Temperature: -20°C (-4°F) to +130°C (266°F), short term +160°C (320°F)

Everyone knows the troubles of the separation of different oils and greases.
All a.m. products can be mixed among each other to the necessary consistency. It comes to no separation!!
Personally tested over a period of more than six months.

On request of Scandex AG Germany pls do not contact Interjet Inc. with inquiries. They do not sell the products!!

As soon as the Scandex management decides to export to the USA ill let you know.

Wish a beautiful weekend

Wolli
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

johndtuttle

Quote from: Wolli on November 04, 2012, 02:09:25 AM

i stay happily retired as freelance consulter (angler and shooter with more than 50y experience on my shoulders)
close to the German manufacturer Scandex AG. But i have no influence in their operative decisions. I can recommend these and that and what i would do, but the rest is their own decision. Sorry, thats why you cannot buy ReelX Grease Medium yet in America.

For clarification:
CorrosionX Grease and ReelX Grease Medium are definitely the same stuff!
To industrial companies they sell it as "CorrosionX Grease" in 400g tubes, and to the anglers as "ReelX Grease Medium" in small 30g boxes.( sorry, was my idea). Same applies to CorosionX HD (Heavy Duty) and ReelX Grease Soft.
A wellknown American reel manufacturer tested the medium grease already and were fully convinced.
Meanwhile Scandex sells the complete product line CorrosionX, ReelX, SpeedX and the both greases in Germany, Austria and Australia. Replies from importes in Poland, Russia and an important Asian country are still pending.

@ Killerbug:
In case you are interested in one of the products, feel free to contact one of the following German tackle dealers
or me by PN

CH Rutenbau
Wasserloos 2 F
24943 Flensburg
Phone: +49(0)461-14681381
E-Mail: ch-rutenbau@arcor.de
www.rutenreparatur.de/shop/speedx-reelx-öl-und-fett/

Canyon Reels Europe
The Tackle Shop
Am Butterhügel 3
66450 Bexbach-Kleinottweiler
Phone: +49(0)6373 506040
E-Mail: info@the-tackle-shop.com
www.canyonreels.eu/de/online-shop/pflegeoele-a-fette?page=shop.browse&category_id=5

70° Nord
General Importer AVET Reels
Nagoldblick 12
75399 Unterreichenbach
Tel: +49(0)7235-974154
Fax: +49(0)7235-974384
Mail: info@70grad-nord.de
www.70grad-nord.de/schmierstoffe.html

From the prices you will see that one ounce is much cheaper than expected, and that incl. 19pct German VAT ;D
Let me know when you eat your hat, ill come to Denmark, lovede/promised.

This are the customer informations from the Scandex Flyer:

ReelX Grease Soft is proven for its super long-term protection against serious rust and corrosion assault. For those really tough jobs where you need the ultimate protection against moisture, the answer is ReelX Grease Soft. There is no other product like it on the market today. It is a high performance, thick-film version of CorrosionX. It was developed specifically to provide maximum protection against moisture intrusion and resulting rust and corrosion. Highly recommended for use on all FISHING REELS, ReelX Grease Soft forms a dripless, dynamic, non-hardening, self-healing film that stubbornly resists erosion including complete submersion in saltwater. It will slowly penetrate existing rust and corrosion, remove moisture and stop electrolysis, and then it seals moisture out. Unlike wax coatings, it will not dry out, stiffen or crack under stress.
It contains no wax, tar, silicone or other solids, So It Can't Gum-Up                                                                   Recommended for gears, bearings and inside protection of all fishing reels.
Processing Temperature: -20°C (-4°F) to +130°C (266°F), short term +160°C (320°F)

ReelX Grease Medium, our new ultra-high performance grease, for use in high corrosive environments
Same high performance product like ReelX Grease Soft with a thicker consistency, NLGI Classification II              Originally developed for windpower plants, oil platforms and general maritime applications.
Apply on gears, bearings and for inside protection from midium sized Spinners up to Big Game  Reels.
It contains no wax, tar, silicone or other solids, So It Can't Gum-Up!                                                             Processing Temperature: -20°C (-4°F) to +130°C (266°F), short term +160°C (320°F)

Everyone knows the troubles of the separation of different oils and greases.
All a.m. products can be mixed among each other to the necessary consistency. It comes to no separation!!
Personally tested over a period of more than six months.

On request of Scandex AG Germany pls do not contact Interjet Inc. with inquiries. They do not sell the products!!

As soon as the Scandex management decides to export to the USA ill let you know.

Wish a beautiful weekend

Wolli

it's just so beautiful I want to cry ;D

Killerbug

Quote from: Wolli on November 04, 2012, 02:09:25 AM

@ Killerbug:
or me by PN

Thanks,

I find their reelX grease way to expensive, and I doubt it is any better than their industrial product range, I would buy the normal CorrosionX grease though.

9€ for one ounce of industrial grease in a nice can is simply fraud, as long as you get 14 ounces of EP2, Magnalube, Yamalube, or whatever  industrial oil for the same price.

If you read the CorrosionX grease datasheet on their homepage, you will discover that infos on both thickener, and the oil of CorrosionX grease is missing, this would be enough to make any engineer suspicious about this product.  Nothing is more important for the behavior of the grease than the thickener used, personally I would never dare using an "unknown grease" for running some engine, or other expensive mechanics.

I think CorrosionX is a fine product though, I just think Magnalube-G is better suited for the smaller baitcasters I mostly service at my reel shop, for various reasons.  For large closed gear systems in spinning reels, the washout and anti corrosion properties grease is less critical. I use a gear grease with lower washout properties(because the saltwater never enters the gearbox), but one that stick to the gears for a long time and provides maximum lubrication.  

johndtuttle

Anyone with any experience with this stuff:

Dupont Teflon Marine Grease?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUPONT-TEFLON-MARINE-WATERPROOF-GREASE-Auto-Industrial-/270774807285?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0b6faaf5

Price is right, wonder if it is a contender for bearings (not spool :)) and general protection?

RowdyW

I don't know how good it is but according to thier specs. it looks good. For a better deal go to amazon.com & check out the price of a 16 oz. container. I ordered a 16 oz. can from Midway Auto on amazon. With a calcium thickener & tefon additive I'm going to try this out on the drag washers of a 113H. All I have to lose is maybe a set of washers.   Rudy ??? ::)