CorrosionX Grease

Started by Bryan Young, January 10, 2011, 12:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exp2000

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 27, 2014, 03:50:54 AM
I understand your method of wanting the best grease for your reels, and I am sure it is the best. It better be for almost $4 an ounce! I'm just saying with regular maintenance, Penn Blue and Yamalube will provide adequate corrosion protection at $1.25 an ounce. Alan uses the Yamalube. I just prefer the Penn for its ease of acquisition.

I originally started with the Yamaha grease but after combining Corrosion X products, I never looked back.

I have not personally used the Penn grease but have observed it in reels that have come in. It does not seem to adhere to parts in the same manner the Corrosion X grease does but it would be the next thing on the list of trials should Corrosion X become completely unaffordable. While your quoted mathematics may be valid in Kentucky I am sure the same prices would not apply to our overpriced economy. However I have no doubt that it would still be half the price.

Again, there are distinct advantages to using a single line of compatible  products.  I will leave you to ponder that for a while.
~

exp2000

I also use Cal's too on drags too.

Am I speaking a different language or are you just reading impaired.

Re economics: If you cannot be bothered taking the time to read the actual words in my post go away and argue with someone who has a pathological need for it.

Re your application of lubricants: Could be improved as could your choice of reels, but since you spent so long considering my previous posts I am sure this will also pass unheeded.

Hijack someone else's post so we can resume our normal programme.
~

Bryan Young

Quote from: exp2000 on June 27, 2014, 02:37:38 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 26, 2014, 05:03:34 AM
Corrosion X makes great products, but for reel grease. I just use Penn Blue for the reels internals and reel X on the bearings. I really don't see the need to buy this high dollar grease for reels.

Pretty simple really, it is a soap base for the Corrosion X product you are using on your bearings.

If you can show me something that has superior corrosion protection, I will consider it.

However, there are distinct advantages to using a single line of compatible  products.

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 26, 2014, 12:46:38 AM
I'll inquire to see if I can obtain more from my German source.  As far as I know, it's not available here in the US so it would have to be imported from Germany.

Thanks for that Bryan. I was hoping you would do that.

Nancy got back to me saying she just forwarded my email to their head office in Europe so that will go nowhere.

Strange that you can buy their other products in the states but not the grease.

I really can see no justification for the local price discrepancy on Corrosion X products.

They are over double here vs globally.
~

CorrosionX grease was developed by German chemist as Germany's CorrosionX organization saw a need for superior corrosion resistant lubricants.  Here in the US, there really isn't a need since there are so many other products to choose from, and from the marketing sense, the market is not large enough for CorrosionX USA to produce that stuff.

I hope to have an answer soon from Germany.  I asked for a case price and hopefully I will get an answer soon.

By the way, I like it but the cost is 2X Yamaha grease plus shipping from Germany.  And if I purchase a case, there will be additional customs tax, but will still look into it because the grease is great.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Quote from: exp2000 on June 27, 2014, 07:40:13 AM

Re economics: If you cannot be bothered taking the time to read the actual words in my post go away and argue with someone who has a pathological need for it.

Re your application of lubricants: Could be improved as could your choice of reels, but since you spent so long considering my previous posts I am sure this will also pass unheeded.

~
I think somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed. >:(, ;D Good Luck on your Search. ;)
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Quote from: exp2000 on June 27, 2014, 07:40:13 AM

~
Patience my friend, you will usually attract more bees with honey ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

I just got a response from my contact in Germany.  They have stopped producing CorrosionX grease in 1# tubes but will be providing them in 100g containers...to be out in July.  No word on the price as of yet.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

exp2000

Hmmm. That sounds ominous Bryan.

I know they employed this strategy in the Reel grease market and bumped the price up on the small containers.

Thanks for checking mate.

Keep an ear out in July and let me know what you hear.

Maybe interested in a bulk purchase if the price is OK.
~