Isla Guadalupe or Bust...!

Started by Aiala, October 23, 2015, 12:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Would be nice to see you get it done with the 9/0, it has been done before and could be done again, only easier now with the upgrades available to us.
If fishing gets too easy, we would lose interest ;).
Just my opinion, use what you're comfortable with. ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Aiala

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 25, 2015, 11:32:42 AM
Would be nice to see you get it done with the 9/0, it has been done before and could be done again, only easier now with the upgrades available to us.

All these tank-style upgrades are spectacular, Sal, but remember, I can't handle the kind of macho drag numbers you fellows produce; I have no desire or ability to go mano a mano with some fish version of a Mac truck.   ::)   ;D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Aiala on October 25, 2015, 02:23:51 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on October 25, 2015, 11:32:42 AM

All these tank-style upgrades are spectacular, Sal, but remember, I can't handle the kind of macho drag numbers you fellows produce; I have no desire or ability to go mano a mano with some fish version of a Mac truck.   ::)   ;D

~A~

;D ;D...contrary to popular believes, stretching drag numbers makes it more manageable at where it was intended to be used at and past that. I know you could handle it. ;)
Try not to go flying, I wouldn't feel right afterwards ;D
Have fun out there Aiala.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Aiala

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 25, 2015, 02:53:19 PM
Try not to go flying, I wouldn't feel right afterwards ;D

Yeah... especially if one of those gran tiburón blancos decided to have me for lunch!  :( 
~A~

broschro

Have a good time and catch the big one.

sundaytrucka

This is going to be a great experience, I am super excited for you, going to live vicariously through you on this trip.

I hope you have an amazing time Aiala!

You will be fine with the HX, plenty of line capacity if you are running braid, and the right drag capabilities. Last trip report  at the Lupe, on the shogun, said they were using 40-60# for fly-lining, I have seen some of your gear, you've got it covered.

Good luck, and most importantly,  have fun!!!
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Aiala

Quote from: sundaytrucka on October 25, 2015, 03:50:27 PM
This is going to be a great experience, I am super excited for you, going to live vicariously through you on this trip.
I hope you have an amazing time, Aiala!
You will be fine with the HX, plenty of line capacity if you are running braid, and the right drag capabilities. Last trip report  at the Lupe, on the shogun, said they were using 40-60# for fly-lining, I have seen some of your gear, you've got it covered.
Good luck, and most importantly,  have fun!!!

Thanks, Warren!   :)

I bought the HX from CharkBait, and it came filled with 300 yds of 80-lb braid and the rest is 50-lb topshot, so I hope that will work out okay. I'm going to put it on my new Phenix Axis HAX820H... (This is a Phenix-sponsored trip, so I had to have at least one of their rods!   ;)  )

The STAR is on a 5-day right now, I don't know if they're fishing the Lupe, but yesterday they were into mostly 80-lb YFTs:  http://www.royalstarsportfishing.com/detailed_report.php?report_id=6780290

~A~

MarkT

Senior moment... you meant Scott, right?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Aiala

Quote from: MarkT on October 25, 2015, 05:16:46 PM
Senior moment... you meant Scott, right?

Very definitely... Lawd, not just senior, featherheaded... 

Apologies to Scott and Warren... excellently unique gentlemen, both. 

~A~

sundaytrucka

Lol

No worries Aiala, Warren and I have similar features, hair and beard.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Aiala

First YT... Avet HX, Phenix Axis... woohoo!

~A~

swill88

Steve-O

thorhammer

Aiala

YFT... plus five more up to 75 lbs... these things are BRUTAL, I am whipped black and blue.   :P   ;)   :D

~A~