Isla Guadalupe or Bust...!

Started by Aiala, October 23, 2015, 12:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Well, talk about lucky timing! Seems that after a long closure, the Mexican authorities have finally decided to allow some fishing at Guadalupe, so that's where I'll be headed next week aboard ROYAL STAR. The SHOGUN has been out there this week, and they've been landing a lot of BIG yellowfins up to 125 lbs and some bruiser YTs up to 40 lbs...whew! I'm mighty glad I decided to get a 2-speed AVET HX MC loaded with 80... I might just need it... woohoo!   :D

And wouldn't it be a treat to see one of those massive Guadalupe white sharks... maybe even Deep Blue herself!   :o

Am I stoked?? Not much!   ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

David Hall

Sounds like an awesome opportunity.  Keep us posted!

johndtuttle

wowser!  ;D

Best of luck, great opportunity.

Steve-O

LUCKY YOU!! ;D

Have a great time! Lots of pics, please.

Dominick

Yowser! Go get em Aiala.  Don't forget the camera.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tightlines667

Sweet!
I am officially jealous.  Trip of a lifetime.  Better eat your Wheaties those cow YFT are no joke from the rail.

Have fun, and keep us posted.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

theswimmer

Have a great time, take lots of pictures!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

thorhammer

Good luck, expect pics and updates! Tell us what you are taking.

BMITCH

Aiala, those fish don't stand a chance against you...go get um!!! Good luck and be safe!!!!
luck is the residue of design.

fishhead69

Catch a big one for me. There is a lot of giant Yellowtail and Grouper on the bottom. Don't forget your 80 to 100 pound dropper loop set-up. Catch lots of fish and post some pictures when you get back.

mizmo67

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

foakes

Quote from: Aiala on October 23, 2015, 12:46:23 AM
Well, talk about lucky timing! Seems that after a long closure, the Mexican authorities have finally decided to allow some fishing at Guadalupe, so that's where I'll be headed next week aboard ROYAL STAR. The SHOGUN has been out there this week, and they've been landing a lot of BIG yellowfins up to 125 lbs and some bruiser YTs up to 40 lbs...whew! I'm mighty glad I decided to get a 2-speed AVET HX MC loaded with 80... I might just need it... woohoo!   :D

And wouldn't it be a treat to see one of those massive Guadalupe white sharks... maybe even Deep Blue herself!   :o

Am I stoked?? Not much!   ;D

~A~

Don't worry -- you will see some Whites out there, Aiala...

Mexico has protected the Great Whites for years now -- and they swarm there between August and November each year.

Guadalupe is 184 Miles NW of Cedros -- but the depth really drops off all around the Island.

Bring extra Topshot line -- because you may get bit off a few times when retrieving your catch.

The Whites prefer the different varieties of Seals -- up to the Elephants -- but will take anything that is an opportunity -- including the Cow on the end of your line.

Good call on the Avet 2-Spd -- Make sure you know when and when not to shift -- I am sure you do.  No need to strip the gears.

Eat your Wheaties -- got a feeling you will get a real workout on this one.

Neat trip on a great vessel.

Good Luck,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.