The Bite was good on the Pastime today

Started by Newell Nut, November 03, 2015, 10:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

We were tied to the dock for several days due to wind but we got out today and the fish were hungry. Not sure why Skipper did not get a picture but Capt Al caught a bunch of nice porgies.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/deepseafishingdaytona/albums/72157660721135116

swill88

Shark Hunter

Always good to see the pics Dwight. The one toward the end with the guy holding up the trigger by the tail with one hand gave me a chuckle. You can tell he doesn't want his picture taken. :D
Life is Good!

David Hall

Doug

Nice mixed bag of fish those triggers are sure good eating Doug

Dominick

Quote from: Doug on November 04, 2015, 01:09:02 AM
Doug I ate trigger fish for the first time last week.  You are right it is good eating.  It is right up there close to the best eating fish.  I have one piece left in my freezer.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Steve-O

Quote from: Dominick on November 04, 2015, 07:50:32 PM
Quote from: Doug on November 04, 2015, 01:09:02 AM
Doug I ate trigger fish for the first time last week.  You are right it is good eating.  It is right up there close to the best eating fish.  I have one piece left in my freezer.  Dominick

Tasty they are! and the skin makes a good knife  or other tool handle wrap, too. Or sandpaper. Tough skin.

My last trigger outing had them biting clean through the 4/0 hooks. May have been el cheapos - some galvanized J hooks....but we kept our fingers away from the business end of the fishies! :D

Good times, Dwight! saw a couple of nice AJ's and the "mango man" strikes again.

FYI- a little snow here today. The peaks are white and rainy flurries in the valley.....YUCK!

Newell Nut

After 5 winters in Akron I just don't care to see snow again for a while.

broschro

looks like a good trip! me and my boys went out Sunday and brought home 27 fish mutton snapper, vermilion snapper, 12 trigger fish and a king. its on ;D

Cortez_Conversions

I always enjoy your fish reports Dwight. Keep em coming!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal