Aluminum Jig Master side plate sets

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 05, 2015, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twotone

twotone

hrogers

Wow !! I don't know how I missed this thread, Are those aluminum plates still available and if they are where can I order it ? And can someone please tell me what the price is involved with shipping fees to South Africa.
If possible I would prefer black my Jigmaster I want to modify like that is black and do I need to do any modifications on the parts or will they all fit ??
Thanks
Regards
Henry

Dominick

I finally got around to building my Jigmaster with the CC green plates and red spool.  I will start another thread with photos.  I was going to make it a shelfie but decided to fish it but I have a couple of questions.  As you know the plates came with both bearings and bushings. 
One: Which would you use with a SS sleeve bearings or bushings to get the highest amount of drag? 
Two: Has anyone tested the drag and what is the highest amount of drag one may expect out of this conversion? 
Three:  Any other advice I did not double dog it? (I used the guts from a Jigmaster 500)
Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Dominick on January 20, 2016, 08:34:33 PM
I finally got around to building my Jigmaster with the CC green plates and red spool.  I will start another thread with photos.  I was going to make it a shelfie but decided to fish it but I have a couple of questions.  As you know the plates came with both bearings and bushings.  
One: Which would you use with a SS sleeve bearings or bushings to get the highest amount of drag?  
Two: Has anyone tested the drag and what is the highest amount of drag one may expect out of this conversion?  
Three:  Any other advice I did not double dog it? (I used the guts from a Jigmaster 500)
Dominick

My advice is send it to Sal. He will tank it and test the drag poundage with a wagon full of bricks in his driveway  :D :D

Not sure bushings or bearings make any difference on drag poundage. My assumption is the casting capabilities would be different. Also the bushings may fair better for extended use in harsh environments.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

David Hall

Quote from: Dominick on January 20, 2016, 08:34:33 PM
I finally got around to building my Jigmaster with the CC green plates and red spool.  I will start another thread with photos.  I was going to make it a shelfie but decided to fish it but I have a couple of questions.  As you know the plates came with both bearings and bushings. 
Three:  Any other advice I did not double dog it? (I used the guts from a Jigmaster 500)
Dominick

Pictures my man pictures, where'd you hide the thread?

redfish12

Here's mine!

anglingarchitect

Dominick

Quote from: David Hall on January 22, 2016, 02:00:53 AM
Pictures my man pictures, where'd you hide the thread?

I haven't started the thread.  I just received the SS sleeve so I will have to take it apart again and that's when I'll memorialize it in photographs.  Nice greenie there Redfish. Someone captured the name the Green Hornet on the site for his greenie.  I am calling mine the Green Hulk.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Maxed Out

Sweet reel.

The narrow green is my favorite. :o :o

Shark Hunter

Sure is a Beauty Clark. ;D
Custom Plates and star. I think a green knob power handle will put it over the top! ;D
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 22, 2016, 04:56:37 AM
Custom Plates and star. I think a green knob power handle will put it over the top! ;D

You're right Daron, but those green handles can no longer be found. Maybe someday they'll make a comeback, cause the early accurate matching handles were sweet....How much would a guy pay nowadays for a handle like that ?

Shark Hunter

Maybe one of the old green swirl penn power handles.
Old school meets new. I like that expression, because I do it weekly. ;D

Life is Good!

steelhead_killer

Quote from: Max Doubt on January 22, 2016, 06:14:11 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 22, 2016, 04:56:37 AM

You're right Daron, but those green handles can no longer be found. Maybe someday they'll make a comeback, cause the early accurate matching handles were sweet....How much would a guy pay nowadays for a handle like that ?

You are killing me!!!! I love this handle😍😍😍😍
><)))">

Yogi_fish808

Got the Red plates put together with a tiburon yellowfin kit, power handle, stainless internals and a steel 4:1 gear. Took her out fishing for the first time, casts pretty well but needs a bit of tuning to get it out to the horizon. She's pretty though, thanks Tom for making these available to us!