Chris's 12/0

Started by Shark Hunter, December 15, 2015, 06:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I received a reel today from Chris. He is known as Lowprofile around here.
He is the young Marine stationed in Korea that caught that big swordfish on his 12/0.
He said he had problems with the star backing off during the fight.
I'm going to take care of that, and am honored to work on his reel for him.
It arrived in a Pelican case. Now that is Class. I transport my own backups in this same manner.
An insert will be in order here.
Life is Good!

sdlehr

Wow! That's some serious packing material.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

handi2

Chris is a great guy. Fix him up Daron..
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Lowprofile

Thanks Daron!

I just don't trust the postal service. I've had too many packages arrive beat up and damaged to risk something with so much sentimental value. You should try flying with a pelican case full of reels and hooks.. Mine got opened at three airports and of course they un packed it and tried to re pack it... Not a fan of TSA and they apparently aren't fans of Pelicans lol.

Anyways, I can't wait to get this reel back! The insert and DD I'm sure will just put it over the top!

Shark Hunter

Chris,
Another member on this great site has provided some key parts to upgrade your reel.
My Service will be free for your Service to all of Us! ;)
Semper Fi!
Life is Good!

cwillis85

Very cool, my wife is over seas for another couple of months but she has had some yarn and accessories mailed to her from a few people on a crochet site, enough to spread through the base and I can tell you it means the world to her to know that people appreciate her sacrifice of being away from everything dear to her for the greater good. So I salute you Daron for the kind gesture and also Chris, thanks for your service and stay safe.
Chris

Rancanfish

Kudos to Daron and Chris.  Karma kings.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Dominick

Daron thanks for doing that.  Chris thank you for serving our country.  Daron, please post the names of the other members that are contributing.  so we can acknowledge their contribution.  Is there anything I can do?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

It is Just Tom Hryinuk and me.
I could use a little help with the shipping back to Korea. ;)
Life is Good!

thorhammer

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 17, 2015, 08:59:57 PM

PM me your address

Lowprofile

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 17, 2015, 08:59:57 PM

Thanks to everyone involved. I'd never expect you to do any of it for free and if your going to hook me up like that I'll atleast cover shipping back.

Dominick

Daron check your PM.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Dominick on December 18, 2015, 01:32:21 AM
Daron check your PM.  Dominick

Dom, check your PM's  ;D

Did santa come today ??

I love that senator suitcase. Brilliant !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

coastal_dan

I'll pitch in on that shipping!  Daron, let us know how to help.  I can paypal you some coin.

Chris - Thanks for your service;  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

sdlehr

Quote from: coastal_dan on December 18, 2015, 03:00:32 AM
I'll pitch in on that shipping!  Daron, let us know how to help.  I can paypal you some coin.

Chris - Thanks for your service;  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Daron, I want in on this too. I'm happy to help Chris in any way I can. I can also help with shipping, or any other way, just let me know! PM me your email and I can Paypal transfer some bucks to help out! Chris, I, personally, appreciate your service and admire you for doing what you do for our country (this is quite personal for me). These are difficult times, and I'm afraid things may become even more difficult in the near future. We need good men like you maintaining our freedoms and human rights. But for God's sake, take care of yourself and get out and fish as often as you need to so you can maintain your edge and stay sharp when you are on duty. Work hard, play hard, sleep hard! Semper Fi!

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector