*CAPE SAN MARTIN SPECIAL* Sun 04-17-2016-Endeavor 12 Hour Trip-Morro Bay

Started by Big Tim, January 29, 2016, 02:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

at this rate, they're going to need wheel chairs and walkers for all of us!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pjstevko

Quote from: alantani on March 05, 2016, 03:51:58 AM
at this rate, they're going to need wheel chairs and walkers for all of us!   ;D

I hear ya....I'll have just turned 40  ;D ;D

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on March 05, 2016, 03:51:58 AM

Maybe we can do an all walker tournament  ;D

BT

Bill Karr

I think I can top you all. 2 artificial hips, one un-repairable hip fracture, permanent spine damage, 70 years. l However, I feel great. I did discover a little known Fish and Game deal and talked my surgeon into signing. I now have a lifetime free California fishing license for the disabled. All you other walking wounded in Cal should look into this!
Bill

El Pescador

Quote from: bkarr on March 05, 2016, 05:29:02 PM
I now have a lifetime free California fishing license for the disabled. All you other walking wounded in Cal should look into this!

Bill,

Great news on the Lifetime Free CA Fishing License,

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Licensing/Statistics

Checking the CA Fish & Wildlife website, in 1970, their first year of yearly fee statistics, show $3 for an annual resident fishing license,  I began fishing with my Dad in 1962 at Folsom Lake.  ONLY wonder what a LIFETIME fishing license cost would have been then???  Paying $47 currently, and the cost is only going up.

CA Fishing License Fees from 1970 to 2015 is attached for your pleasure reading.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Ron Jones

Funny how it went up more from 80-90 then any other decade. More than tripled. I guess they figured out they had something good. Oh, and that is also about the time Ca emissions equipment priced cars out of the market of most and the greenies decided eating was bad.

Mini rant, child of the 80s, in California.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

theswimmer

Ron,
You forgot # of firearm laws went from around 400 to over 1500 in the same period😯
Best, kind of ,

JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

Quote from: noyb72 on March 06, 2016, 03:34:53 AM
Funny how it went up more from 80-90 then any other decade. More than tripled. I guess they figured out they had something good. Oh, and that is also about the time Ca emissions equipment priced cars out of the market of most and the greenies decided eating was bad.

Ron

Child of the 70's here. I went from hand writing smog certificates at my auto shops for a 25 to 50% emissions reductions on cars to buying 1 $20K smog machine to buying 3 $30k smog machines , to out of business due to bureaucracy and licensing in California...DFG or BAR it all means money $$$...My mini rant.

BT

swill88

Quote from: Big Tim on March 06, 2016, 07:03:27 AM
Quote from: noyb72 on March 06, 2016, 03:34:53 AM

Ron

Child of the 70's here. I went from hand writing smog certificates at my auto shops for a 25 to 50% emissions reductions on cars to buying 1 $20K smog machine to buying 3 $30k smog machines , to out of business due to bureaucracy and licensing in California...DFG or BAR it all means money $$$...My mini rant.

BT

As a kid in LA on a playground in the 60's I recall great lung pain breathing deep and stinging eyes from the smog. The mountains couldn't be seen except maybe for 20 days a year. In the mid 70's at the top of the 10.000+ft Mt. Baldy you couldn't see 50' through smog.

Moved back to LA in 2008 for 5 years and it's all changed. Blue sky and mountains 300+ days a year. Something worked.

Steve

David Hall

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

sundaytrucka

Trip is just around the corner...

Here are some of the jigs I hope to use for the big Ling cod, on two added teaser p-line jigs Alan gave out on the 2015 SOA charter, and a large chrome krocodile on the largest swimbait. 

I am going to add a skirt to the 10" grub tail and the scampi, going with blue/purple look. I will post more pics when the two are finished.

-Scott

I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Big Tim

sundaytrucka

I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Big Tim

OK guys & gals... There are 9 spots open for this trip. It will sell out, if there is another AT member or friend that wants to go, please sign up. If you look at the Endeavor's 12 hour trips and others prior to ours they are sold out. Going to be fun.

BT