*CAPE SAN MARTIN SPECIAL* Sun 04-17-2016-Endeavor 12 Hour Trip-Morro Bay

Started by Big Tim, January 29, 2016, 02:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Quote from: David Hall on April 12, 2016, 09:07:55 PM
I hate to write this but I may be forced to miss the trip.  I have been having some health issues the past month that for some reason seem to be getting worse instead of better.  I am unable to sit for more than a few minutes without experiencing excruciating pain in my hip, and I haven't figured out how to get to the rendezvous standing up?
I'm hoping things will improve by Saturday and I will drive on down.  You'll know I made it when You see me standing in Alan's folks backyard holding a glass of scotch!

Let me know so I can cancel that room I saved. Hope you feel better.

Tim

David Hall

swill88

just a thought...

The last AT trip I was on last July in San Francisco for salmon there were 6 of us on a 1 day trip.

Of course we all brought enough gear for a 3 day offshore.

The capt laughed and stowed it all below.

If 15 (or 16, 17?) of us AT'ers load up like we like to do... well...

I'm having trouble keeping it a 2 setups... think 3 will keep away the panic attack... maybe 4 :-\

Anybody else have my problem?

Steve

Big Tim

Quote from: swill88 on April 13, 2016, 10:33:48 PM
just a thought...

The last AT trip I was on last July in San Francisco for salmon there were 6 of us on a 1 day trip.

I'm having trouble keeping it a 2 setups... think 3 will keep away the panic attack... maybe 4 :-\

Steve

Steve I take my 6'6" Tsunami 30-80 with mt Penn Fathom15 for jigs, My 7' seeker 15-40 honey glass with my Jigmaster for shrimp flies and my Tsunami 7' 20-50 Airwave elite and Penn Conflict 6000 for 4-6oz jig heads and long swim baits.

BT

pjstevko

just a thought...

Steve

I'm only bringing 2 setups....... My 6'6" Tusnami rod for my beefed up 501 with 25# BBG and my 6'6" Shimano rod for my Spheros 8000 with 65# PP.......now tackle is a different story  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'd prefer to have braid on the 501 but Fred was nice enough to spool it up with fresh Berkeley Big Game for me before handing it off to Jonathan who's gonna hand deliver it to me Saturday night at Alan's house...

Big Tim

foakes

Don't forget your clamp and lugs for that Tib frame on the 501, PJ.

Best to install the lugs with Marine grease in the holes, and on the threads -- snug everything up -- but don't overdo it -- it is going into aluminum, so just needs to be snug.

Good Luck & Lots of good fellowship and fun for All...

Best Regards,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

swill88

Thanks for the breakdown on your gear selection guys.

Packing has always been the tough part of travel for me.

What to bring, what to bring, bring it all!

Often looked like a refugee.

Steve

pjstevko

Quote from: foakes on April 14, 2016, 01:24:09 AM
Don't forget your clamp and lugs for that Tib frame on the 501, PJ.

Best to install the lugs with Marine grease in the holes, and on the threads -- snug everything up -- but don't overdo it -- it is going into aluminum, so just needs to be snug.

Good Luck & Lots of good fellowship and fun for All...

Best Regards,

Fred
Thanks for the reminder.......

sundaytrucka

I am bringing three setups as well.

Hey Tim, is there generally enough rod holders for a full boat?
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

theswimmer

just a thought...

Steve

Ummmmmmmm, Yes?
I have to fish one vintage outfit , so that is three by default.,..
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Fred I understand I have a reel or two headed for the party?
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Quote from: sundaytrucka on April 14, 2016, 03:03:10 AM
I am bringing three setups as well.

Hey Tim, is there generally enough rod holders for a full boat?

Probably about 20 -25 rod holders total per side as I remember.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Errol Flynn

foakes

Jonathan,

I am in Fresno right now -- and not back home until around 10:30 tonight.

If I can just drop off the reel at your house early tomorrow morning, for PJ?

Would your wife be available for me to just quickly drop it off, or?

Thanks for doing this, I kind of volunteered you without asking!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.