The Penn Jigmaster 501 "Raven"

Started by steelhead_killer, January 22, 2016, 08:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

Quote from: foakes on February 05, 2016, 06:15:43 PM
Pretty hard to beat a Squidder Jr. With a solid frame and an aluminum spool, and good SS guts with greased CFs.

One caution on these tiny guys -- don't put too much larger of a handle on them.  They become unbalanced -- plus not that much torque is generally needed.  Maybe just a better grip knob.

Just my opinions.

Best,

Fred

Hey Fred:

When you say SS guts are you referring to Newell 220 gears etc.  I can't seem to find any SS Penn guts for the 146.  But then again, I have just started looking.

Thanks!

Andy

><)))">

cbar45

Joe, Love the look of the new knob and handle.

Squidders, I've owned some that had stock steel gears; a set of high-speed stainless would be nice.

Chad

Reel 224

Andy: The knob is a great fit for my fat hand and Ruth's slender hand and it's well balanced with the arm from Adam. I'm very satisfied.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

steelhead_killer

Quote from: Reel 224 on February 06, 2016, 02:32:19 AM
Andy: The knob is a great fit for my fat hand and Ruth's slender hand and it's well balanced with the arm from Adam. I'm very satisfied.

Joe

I may have to do that combination... looks great!
><)))">

Reel 224

Quote from: cbar45 on February 05, 2016, 10:20:12 PM
Joe, Love the look of the new knob and handle.

Squidders, I've owned some that had stock steel gears; a set of high-speed stainless would be nice.

Chad

Chad; You notice the books that the reel was setting on? They are preparing me for the rod I will build for that reel.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."