Faze 1 of my work area is done

Started by Reel 224, March 03, 2016, 02:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

I finished faze one of my work area tonight, now the fun begins with tools and equipment setup. Here are a few pictures.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

STRIPER LOU

Looking good Joe! I know you'll be filling it up with goodies in no time. Is that  the boss checking things out?
All to best to you and Ruth.
....................Lou

Alto Mare

Beautiful Joe and I don't mean just your work station...don't get jealous ;D.
Good job buddy.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

MarkT

Nice going. Is phase II going to include lighting too?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Zimbass

Looks like Ruth is comfortable in the chair  ;) Good job Joe.

Terry.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

Reel 224

Thank you guys. Now comes the hard part for me, getting everything organized. Ruth was my helper with this project,she has plenty of good ideas. Sal I'm not the jealous type as a matter of fact Ruth gave me heck for post that picture of her, she said it made her look fat sitting there in a sweet shirt ;D ;D.

The long bench was intended for rod building and the single bench is for reel maintenance and repair...I know it should be the other way around but my warping machine is 8' long and I had no other area to place it. I considered one area for the both and decided against it...mixing grease and oil with rod building ain't good ::) Ill figure things out as I'm going along. You cant see it in these pictures but I put three coats of varnish on the tops and sanded with 320 and 600 grit between coats, it came out like glass. I know it's a work bench,but it looks pretty  ::) ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

reelrepair123

looking good  joe,  if the shelves were a little deeper you could use plastic shoe boxes for reel parts , storage etc etc  it helps in organizing, they usually are $1 each. you'll spend an lot of time tinkering there, it's good therapy, physically and mentally, keeps the hands and mind working.  enjoy your work station and take care of your helper.   harryk

Shark Hunter

Looks pretty Classy Joe. ;)
Good work my man.
Life is Good!

Reel 224

Quote from: reelrepair123 on March 03, 2016, 12:31:47 PM
looking good  joe,  if the shelves were a little deeper you could use plastic shoe boxes for reel parts , storage etc etc  it helps in organizing, they usually are $1 each. you'll spend an lot of time tinkering there, it's good therapy, physically and mentally, keeps the hands and mind working.  enjoy your work station and take care of your helper.   harryk

I thought I could some plastic boxes like tackle boxes or trays and they would fit the shelves.

Joe

sdlehr

Nice work, Joe! I like that you have separate areas for rod-building and reel maintenance. My solution to that (I hope) was to follow Fred's advice and get the melamine top for my workbench. I should be able to clean that up after reel work before rod-building so that grease isn't an issue with my rod builds. I've got a rod I need to finish up in the next week or two; I'll find out if this plan is feasible. It should be.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Reel 224

Sid: It's a matter of space. In my case I have limited space and the rod wrapping machine is 8' and very heavy to move back of fourth, in my case it was better to make a sprite  station for reel repair. I have a hand wrapper also but Ive grown out of it, and my hands cant take wrapping thread for a long time.

Joe

sdlehr

Joe, I hear you on the space issue. That's why I have only one work area. In S Florida we don't have basements, and the garage is too dang hot 9 months of the year. I had to wait until the kids moved out to take over one of their bedrooms.... she's coming back to visit in a few weeks.... I'll have to take my stuff off her bed.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

David Hall

Nice space JOE, good luck with phase II.

bluefish69

Joe it looks like you won't have a problem with your 2 work stations. Ruth is looking like she is comfy there like she will make a Sewing Station out of this area.

Where does she mount the Sewing Machine
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.