349H

Started by Shark Hunter, March 27, 2016, 05:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Picked up my first Master Mariner. Newell wide spool and seat. Very Nice. ;)
Life is Good!

handi2

I've never seen one that nice.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

I haven't either Keith. That is why I had to have it. The Sellers listing said "Cherry". I'm all about the Cherry. ;D
Life is Good!

steelhead_killer

Lets see the inside.  ;D
><)))">

Shark Hunter

I'm out of commission for at least a week or two. I cut my thumb pretty bad yesterday trying to separate plates with a knife. I won't be doing that again. 24 hours later, it has still not scabbed. I probably should have got stitches. ::)
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

OUCH!
Crap happens, sorry brother. I love those 99 bars on the Wahoo Special. Makes me want to build one like that.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Maxed Out

Nice reel Daron. It looks like it'll hold 5 miles of line !!

Sorry to hear about your thumb. It's never too late to go get a couple stiches.  :o :o

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Tightlines667

That's a pretty one.  I have wondered if these reels have the same capacity as the 49A models... must be close.

Take care if that finger.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

PacRat

Super Glue will close that cut...just don't glue your fingers together.

Ron Jones

I think the 49a is 60 width and therefore would be a little narrower than this. I have seen 2 49as in my life ans so could be completly wrong. I have held off on the Wahoo Special because I wasn't sure if it would be wider than I want. I LOVE the 66 width and so I think I'll have to go look for one. ITs funny that the Wahoo, Albacore and Yellowtail Specials are all the same width.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

swill88

I'm a fan of super glue for closing blade cuts as well.

ER's do it...

You can too... I do

steve

STRIPER LOU

Its a beauty Daron! Liquid bandage work good to. Hope it heals soon for you.
All the best,  ..  lou

mhc

Nice - looks like it hasn't been used. Lee and Adam both have/had drag inserts for the 349H gears.

Mike

BTW Ron - the wahoo specials use 500 width bars.
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Keta

Quote from: mhc on March 27, 2016, 11:27:18 PM
Nice - looks like it hasn't been used. Lee and Adam both have/had drag inserts for the 349H gears.

Mike

And ths stock 349 uses 501 bars.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Three se7ens

Quote from: mhc on March 27, 2016, 11:27:18 PM

Mike

I think I have one or two kits left.  It uses the same drag stack as my 113H kits, but a different insert.  

Beautiful reel Daron!  And I hope your finger gets better.  I second the superglue recommendation.  I use it all the time.  My wife thinks Im weird for it, but it works so much better than bandages on your hands.  Styptics help too if it doesnt want to stop bleeding easily.