113H gets a face lift

Started by rippin_lips, November 14, 2016, 01:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swill88

Quote from: thorhammer on March 11, 2017, 03:04:56 AM
I'd rather make an empty beer can than drive to HD...

john,

home despot once in a while, but

ace is the place

steelfish

Quote from: ez2cdave on March 10, 2017, 05:54:38 PM
Quote from: sdlehr on January 05, 2017, 04:12:52 PM
Unless you are going to use this harnessed-up, the loose harness lugs won't matter. Being the perfectionist that I am, I would make some shims and firm them up, but it'sn not necessary unless they'll be used.

Sid

Guys,

I have a 113HLW on a TIBURON frame with ACCURATE sideplates and have the problem of one of the Harness Lugs "wiggling around" . . . What do you guys recommend about making shims . . . Materials, etc ?

Tight Lines !

maybe Im kind of late on this but when I have had problems like this on which I have make exterior shims in a hurry, I have used the plastic from the milk gallons, I read somewhere that the material is pretty similar to Delrin, you can make shims outta it and they will tolerate more presure or hits than normal plastic, its really slippery and easy to cut and the best is that it will never corrode with saltwater.

The Baja Guy

ez2cdave

Quote from: steelfish on March 11, 2017, 06:13:32 PMmaybe Im kind of late on this but when I have had problems like this on which I have make exterior shims in a hurry, I have used the plastic from the milk gallons, I read somewhere that the material is pretty similar to Delrin, you can make shims outta it and they will tolerate more presure or hits than normal plastic, its really slippery and easy to cut and the best is that it will never corrode with saltwater.

Good advice is never late . . . Thanks for the tip !

Tight Lines !