Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taily, Serrations, Brendan, Slater_Fish and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

PE Pete

Hi Alan/all, my name is Pete I'm from Auckland NZ first time posting in this forum.
Reason for joining is to up skill myself to a point I can better maintain my reels perhaps even service my own gear eventually & equally as important to be a part of another fishing mad community.
Cheers Pete

Reel 224

Welcome Pete,you found the rite place for that.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

theswimmer

Welcome Pete,
Jump right in the waters fine!

Learn how to post pictures ASAP as your country is on my list, especially  the Oreti River and the Mataura River. on South Is.

Again Welcome!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

PE Pete

Thank you guys for the warm welcome. Now just gotta figure out how to navigate my way round & get to know a few regulars in here.
Cheers Pete

Gilbert

Hello everyone,

I just got on the board wanting to know what the best thing i can do to my Avet MXJ 6/4, and there is so much info on here i just had to join in and want to continue learning and hopefully share any knowledge i learn. Just started rod building and am just about done with my first jig stick, can't wait to try it this weekend. Hopefully it holds but i'm paring it up with my MXJ to see what happens.  ;D

Bryan Young

Welcome Keith, Pete and Mallarig.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

reel smooth

Hi all.  I am a new member to the site.  My name is Doug from Orange County, CA.  I found a link to this site when I was researching the Okuma Andros.  I love to fish but consider myself a newbie to fishing still.  There is so much to learn about fishing and of course the gear associated with it.  This site is so informative because you all are so willing the share your knowledge and experiences.  Thanks!!!

foakes

Thanks for joining, Doug --

Welcome!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tiddlerbasher

Welcome - we are all learners ;) -  I've been here a couple of years - still in nappies :D

Bryan Young

Welcome Doug.  Although I have been repairing and upgrading reels for sometime now, I am constantly learning, and when you consider the accumulative information here, I think we are all novices as a whole, but together, we are near experts...of course there are exceptions and the exceptional.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

PE Pete

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on June 16, 2015, 08:10:16 PM
Welcome - we are all learners ;) -  I've been here a couple of years - still in nappies :D
Haha bro I've seen your home made reel spooler you are WAYYYY TOOOOO modest! ;D

alantani

gentlemen, welcome!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Braintree

Quote from: alantani on June 22, 2015, 03:37:20 PM
gentlemen, welcome!!!
.  Hello everyone,I stumbled on to this site because I was looking for imfo on Newell reels.I have some blacks coming my way a 220-f,229-m,235-f.And some others.I surf cast around CT. RI. I live in Connecticut.I like the thumb burners I guess it just the way surf cast started with a rod and reel.It sure not the ease way to fish but, I've never done it the easiest way.Im sure I will learn a lot here.
       Paul
Paul

swill88

Welcome!

You're right - there's so much to learn here...

Don't get dizzy (as I often do).