Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serrations, Brendan and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

scorman1

Hi,
This is Stew out of midstate NY.
My old collection of Mitchell 300, 308, 306 are getting old and I found this site when searching for info on DAM Quick reels. Dad used to have 2 in diff sizes that disappeared long time ago, but I recall how well they were made. Looking at 550 and 440 on eBay and comparing to modern reels with bearings that seem pricey and cheesy. I believe the 550 weighs about 25oz  but cannot find info on line capacity or weight of the 440??
Any help or comments appreciated.

Stew

Reel 224

Welcome Stew, maybe Fred or Sal could help you with your question.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

SteveL

Hello everybody,

I've been lurking for quite a while now.  Thanks mostly to you guys, I've lately been acquiring Penn 1/0's, 2/0's, 3/0's, Jigmasters and Long Beaches.  Got some shiny near mint and unused ones, along with lot of crusty ones to take apart clean and refurbish.   Now Sal and Aiala have me eyeing Monofils.  I thought I'd better sign up now, while I can still find the computer and I have room to type.

Steve

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Welcome Stew and Steve! ;D
I don't know the specs on the 440 Stew. I'm sure someone does when they see your post.
Life is Good!

FishMaestro

Hi fishin' addicts!! My name is Renato but you can call me Ren.I am retired. You can be happy for me but don't be i live with pain every day.My right lower leg was crushed and I live with CRPS2.My son is in college now and I have more free time to fish!!
  I would like everyone to know that,if I don't reply to a message - please be patient with me,I will reply...Sometimes I have bad days where I don't even care about life but I will come around and reply. ..eventually! ..lol
  I hope to learn more about my reels and make some new friends here! #tightlines

Steve-O

Welcome aboard, Ren!  You are in the right place for all things reels and more. Houston, Tx. Last visit of mine to Texas landed me some all time personal best BIG FISH. 7 foot 200+#'s of mad Gator Gar up near Elkhart on the Trinity. Yeeehaaaaaa!

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Steve

FishMaestro

Thank you Steve - O -
  Dang! That maybe bigger than the gar caught by Jeremy Wade of "River Monsters" you got there! He caught it on the Trinity too.. I have a friend who owns a river house on the Trinity in Riverside, Tx....My personal best is only just under 4 feet...Sorry no pic, caught it years ago before camera phones were invented...lol   Your 7 footer is the biggest gar I have seen. What a Epic fishing trip!!!

Steve-O

Ya, that trip was unreal. 110F both days. River temp was 89-90F. My guide was Bubba Bedre of Garzilla guid service who took Jeremy Wade out, too. And yes, mine was BIGGER!

The thread link...

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2622.0

Dominick

Welcome Ren  Yeah that was a heck of a fish that Steve caught.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

FishMaestro

Hi Dominick,
That is one serious monster gar..I would freak seeing that gar in the water.Those gars are so strong and they can even swim backwards.

FishMaestro

Alantani,Dominick,Steve-O
Thank you guys. I'm already feeling at home here..

Steve-O, it was like 106 outside today maybe a trip to the Trinity river is in order....Those pics are just simply "Awesome" !!

Shark Hunter

Welcome Ren. Glad to have you. :D
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Welcome Ren...enjoy your stay.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.