Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6PPC, Ryan W, thorhammer, phishxxii, JonM, otghoyt and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

FishnNauru

Hey all from Nauru. Have enjoyed reading all the reel info, helpful and informative.
I have the gift of taking a small job and making it into a big job!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Aloha! Adam Welcome in
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

asingua

Hello,
     I'm a total "newbie" to not only this site, but hopefully gaining some helpful knowledge as well regarding my Abu reels. My name is George and am from Eastern Pennsylvania.  I made the infamous first "no, no", by deciding one year, that I would take apart my Ambassadeur and try to clean and reassemble it .  Well, long story made short, it's still apart, and hopefully , won't be for long.  I hope you guys treat my situation, as Cleaning Reels For Dummys 101.  I feel I'm relatively intelligent, so I'm hoping to pick up a couple things from you seasoned veterans.  Thanks again so much for allowing me into this forum, and hopefully be able to correct my situations.  Thanks again and hope to talk with you soon.

Bryan Young

Welcome George.

I hope http://alantani.com/index.php?board=5.0 area will help you get your reel back together.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

FishnNauru

Hey George I think most of us started that way,(I'm certainly no reel veteran) seeing if we can fix or clean something to make it better and only making it worse before it gets better. Sometimes I think I have the gift of making a small job big if you know what I mean :)
I reckon this board has about any answer for whatever reel problem you face though :)
I have the gift of taking a small job and making it into a big job!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Hyperion

Quote from: Serrations on February 08, 2014, 08:17:26 PM
Hello Hyperion,
I worked with a fellow from Trinidad for about 12yrs. A very talented machinist.
He told me once, after moving to the United States (many years ago) during the first week on his new job, he awoke to a monster thunderstorm.
"I turned off the alarm and went back to sleep".
The next day his new boss wanted to know where he was the day before.
He told me he couldn't believe that you were expected to go out in rain like that to get to work!
"In Trinidad that's a day to catch up on your sleep. No one goes to work in the rain."
I could never decide if he was just telling stories, or the whole island really stopped for the rain.

Looking forward to hearing some stories from Trinidad.

Lol i'm afraid his stories are true, we tend to have a lot of public holidays. We also have 2 seasons, the dry which runs from January to May and the wet which runs from June to December. During the wet season, rain is a reason to stay at home or get out of the office early, you can imagine the impact on productivity.

harryk3616

welcome  george  from  long island new york. enjoy your stay a bunch of great guys and gals to assist you in any problem you might have or just need some friendly advice.    harryk

RichDesch

Brand new fishing guy on this site.  Not sure how to do everything right.  I have a big problem I hope someone can help me out with.  I have a Penn Baja Special 113HN reel that I took apart to clean and used Alan's web site to get me through most of it.  However, now that I'm trying to put it back together, I can't find any instructions on how to re-install the free spool lever eccentric and the double eccentric springs.  I have spent several hours, using all kinds of combinations that I could think of, to try to reassemble that system on the right side plate - nothing works! :'(   Help please!

Thanks
RichDesch

Irish Jigger

Welcome aboard RichDesch.
Check out Alan's tutorial here,it may help solve your problem.

https://scottsbt.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204109605-AlanTani-com-Penn-113HN-Baja-Speciala-Rebuild?mobile_site=false

DaBigOno

Aloha! Welcome Rich

I hope this helps:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=14.0
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

BMITCH

Welcome Rich, let us know how you make out with the 113hn.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.