Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandbar, Batomba, ST.NicksCobia, Steve V., Benni3, rogan, seruga and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

dutchy17

Firstly i would like thank Alan in immeasurable terms for creating this site for fishos like us. The MOST informative site for reel repair and servicing. I have followed Alan for a while now and decided to register as Dutchy17. My name is Dirk and i have started doing reel repair  and servicing at Fishing Tackle Australia in the beautiful town of Coffs Harbour in New South Wales Australia. Yet to post but i am sure i will come up with some problem that you EXPERTS will hopefully be able to solve. I have found the Lubrication section most informative and thank everybody for their input. I hope everybody has as good a day as i do working in a Tackle Store. I would also like to note the passing of Gerry Donders (13th August 2014) of GJ Custom Rods and Reel Repair of Coffs Harbour after a short illness. He was a really top bloke and his knowledge will be sorely missed. Vale Gerry Donders.
                                                            Dirk
Why is everything i love either illegal, immoral or carry's a health warning!

Zimbass

Hi Dirk,

I am assuming that you are an import to Australia from South Africa ?

Good win for the Ozmob over the Boks just now.

Welcome.

Terry.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

dutchy17

Terry,
        Parents were imports from Holland! I have Dutch blood but born and bred Aussie.
                                                           Regards, Dirk

Zimbass

Good to know Dirk. Enjoy the spring, and all the good fishing that this time of year brings.

G'day mate  :)

Terry.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

VSTK

Hello ! My name is Van. I live in central Oklahoma and fish mostly for striper and hybrid stripers here. I fish with mostly Shimano low profile reels .......... a bit smaller than most of what I see here on the board. I was looking at some changes and upgrades to them and stumbled on this site. Looks like a great place and full of information.

MFB

G'day Dirk & Van

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

DaBigOno

Aloha!    Welcome Dirk & Van
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

dutchy17

Thank you everybody for a great welcome.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

gentlemen, welcome!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

gday dutchy17 from cooloongup wa
are you at motackle

dutchy17

Yeh, Mo is the mail order section. I am in the shop servicing reels and about to set up rod repair. Absolutely love it. Not many people can say they love going to work but i do!!

wallacewt

good stuff
wish you luck

alantani

Quote from: dutchy17 on September 06, 2014, 11:40:39 AM
Firstly i would like thank Alan in immeasurable terms for creating this site for fishos like us. The MOST informative site for reel repair and servicing. I have followed Alan for a while now and decided to register as Dutchy17. My name is Dirk and i have started doing reel repair  and servicing at Fishing Tackle Australia in the beautiful town of Coffs Harbour in New South Wales Australia. Yet to post but i am sure i will come up with some problem that you EXPERTS will hopefully be able to solve. I have found the Lubrication section most informative and thank everybody for their input. I hope everybody has as good a day as i do working in a Tackle Store. I would also like to note the passing of Gerry Donders (13th August 2014) of GJ Custom Rods and Reel Repair of Coffs Harbour after a short illness. He was a really top bloke and his knowledge will be sorely missed. Vale Gerry Donders.
                                                            Dirk

feel free to put up some info on your shop in the member's business section and include lots lots of photos!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!