Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffG, phishxxii, Batomba, PhillyJoe, Rfdavisb, ST.NicksCobia and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

alantani

nazeem, nice to have you here.  south africa has a couple of nice fishing boards!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Knot Wiring

Alan,
Thanks for this site!!!!!!!
I have followed your work thru THT for years.
This site is the BOMB.
I'm considering upgrades to a new tld25, and a older 15
Would you provide pricing for handle /washer upgrades for the reels?
I've always maintained my own reels, with your totorials the work would be no problem.

Thanks
KW

alantani

glad you made it over!  send me an e-mail to alantani@yahoo.com and let me know what you would like.  for once, i have pretty much everything in stock.  alan

Bean counter

Great site and work. Thanks for allowing me as a member.

alantani

outdoorsaddiction

Norcal Pescador

Welcome to Alan's neighborhood.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

Augie3000

Thanks for letting me join.  I found this forum through a suggestion on THT after I asked about Shimano's Charter Special reels for my charter business in the Keys.  When I got here yesterday and went through the maintenance on the Charter Special, I could not believe my eyes.  I spent the better part of the rest of the day zoning out reading about reel maintenance.  I don't know why I am so captivated, but I am.  I am new to reel maintenance and can't wait to get started. 

Any suggestions on where I can get the necessary specialized tools would be appreciated.  For instance, is there a one stop shop that has all the grease, tools, etc, needed?  Also, how do you clean out those bearings? 

Thanks again,

Augie

Augie3000

I found the tools of the trade thread.  This site is awesome.  I have a bad habit of asking first and looking second.   :)

alantani

not a problem!  carbontex drags are a must.  bearing packers are helpful.  i even have a stainless steel handle arm with a 2/0 or 4/0 kolekar grip for that reel.  and for the ultimate upgrade, a topless aftermarket aluminum frame.  it never ends!  and welcome.   

outdoorsaddiction

Welcome to the group.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

harryk3616

welcome      this site has such a bunch of experienced fishermen plus expert reel repair men and they never hesitate to help one another.   they are very generous, and if you have a question or a problem, they are more than happy to help you,   they are great !

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

augie, welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...