Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffG, phishxxii, Batomba, PhillyJoe, Rfdavisb and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Irish Jigger

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Dan, welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...those are nice looking reels! here's a  50H tutorial by Alan T. to start you off in the right direction.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=18.0

alantani

they're good reels.  you'll be amazed at how well they will clean up with just a toothbrush and a little grease.  i do not know if http://smoothdrag.com/ has drag washers for these older reels, but check with the lady that owns the place.  if not, we can hobble together a set of penn ht-100 drags washers that will fit.  and welcome!!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cone

Welcome Dan, and anyone I may have missed. Don't be afraid to ask anything the people here are the best! Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Bryan Young

Good deal Dan.

I think I have some prototype metal drag washers for those two reels to install a 5:1 set using HT-100 or Carbontex drag washers.  Contact me in a couple of weeks if you are interested as I'm out of town at the moment.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

dbarnett66

Thanks for the warm welcome. Wow!I am impressed that someone has prototypes and others recommend HT-100's. I need to do a little research and find out what an HT-100 is. lol. I plan on tearing into one of the reels this weekend. I will post photos on the general questions forum. Thanks again for the welcome.

Keta

HT-100 is the Penn name for carbon fiber drag washers, Dartanium II is shamano's "name" and Smooth Drag calls their CF washers Carbontex. 
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

welcome, guys!  you know, i just had a thought.  i hope none of you get divorced because of us.......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: alantani on January 04, 2013, 09:35:41 AM
welcome, guys!  you know, i just had a thought.  i hope none of you get divorced because of us.......   :-\

i like this...been there done that...LOL!

btw elgoog welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

Cone

Welcome Elgoog. My wife said " How are you ever going to fish all those reels". And that was just the spinners on poles she was talking about. The others were out of sight.  ;) Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

Cone

Alan, once posted a Japanese prayer or blessing. I'm not exactly sure. That went:" May your reels one day outnumber her shoes."  I've still got a ways to go. Bob

cbarnett

I need a larger handle for the Daiwa 27H. Can you help?

arrowslinger

Hello Alan , I received the 49 SS sleeves and drags I ordered from you and just wanted to say thank you. Now all is needed is a little experience getting them back together and relubed. I have looked for a good post to reassemble them but have not found it any help would be appreciated, I have put new sleeves in but am not sure of the method I used is correct!
Any mistake is just another opportunity for success USMC!

Keta

Everything is the same but puting the dog in, look at the 113H/114H short tutorial and modify your install to make it work for the 15-49 dog.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Jimmer

If you're putting a 49 together Mis Mo at Scott's Bait and tackle did this tutorial  http://store.scottsbt.com/Repair/49handlesideplate.aspx. Good Luck with it - Jimmer
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann