Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffG, Batomba, PhillyJoe, Rfdavisb, ST.NicksCobia and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

redsetta

Welcome aboard 2G.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Penn500

Howzit,

I'm new to fishing, maybe a year or so. But Brand new to conventional reels. Heard about this site from a real fisherman and it looks pretty cool. Hopefully I'll retain some knowledge. Also I usually don't post much so you guys probably won't hear much from me but I do read alot. Thanks Awesome site!

redsetta

Welcome aboard Emilio ;)
Hope you enjoy Alan's place.
Any questions, just let us know - we're all here to help.
All the best, Justin

Bryan Young

Quote from: redsetta on October 15, 2012, 06:43:57 AM
Welcome aboard Emilio ;)
;D ;D ;D

Howzit Penn500.  Welcome.  We all started reading and reading and reading.  The difference between you and me is you have to catch up... ;D

If you have any problems, please feel free to ask.  We are here to help as Justin said.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

2G,s n Penn500, welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

saltydog

Welcome from Texas guys.
William
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Sky King Joe

Hello to All
This would be my first post to any site and hope this is the appropriate place to say Hello and Thank you all for the remarkable knowledge, instruction, enlightenment, and advice found here. Inspired by the effort to give back to the community by getting a new generation of fishermen involved. Just wondering where one would send a reel to donate to this amazing program. Again have never posted on any site or forum of any type and apologize if this is the wrong place to be asking.
Thank you,
Sky King Joe
Delray Beach Floirda

alantani

thanks for asking, joe.  there are several non-profits that i support and they are all oriented towards kids or vets fishing.  guys have been sending me reels to donate, so i fix them, sell them and then put the money back into these organizations.  the time to work on these has become limited of late, so hang onto them for now.  things have to clear up eventually.   :-\

oh, and welcome!!!!!!!!

parlor

I found this site a few days ago because of google and I'm very happy I did!

I look forward to bothering you all with my questions and hope that one day I will find some way to contribute back!

Gavin.

redsetta

Welcome aboard Gavin.
Hope you enjoy Alan's place.
All the best, Justin

Alto Mare

Welcome Gavin, you will like it here.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

Quote from: parlor on November 17, 2012, 01:07:25 AM
I found this site a few days ago because of google and I'm very happy I did!

I look forward to bothering you all with my questions and hope that one day I will find some way to contribute back!

Gavin.

you already have.  welcome!!!! 

Nessie Hunter

To all I missed....    WELCOME ABOARD!!!!   ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

dbarnett66

New to the site. I have lost a few pounds and bought a Malibu X-Factor Kayak to keep me active. Since I have little to no money left, I have been buying the older Diawa Sealine reels in the 30H and 50H sizes. I have 4 total, (2 of the 30H and 2 of the 50H), and I am ready to service and repair them if needed. Since I have never taken any reel apart, cleaned, or greased parts, I intend to lurk a while before trying out on one of the reels. I managed to buy each reel for $15 each. Not bad for $60 total. My hope is to make them work like the day they were made. Not sure if it is cost effective. The reels were purchased from a guy who had about 15 of them in a five gallon bucket. I picked the best of the litter. They have some abrasions and scratches, missing badges, etc. I just hope they are not salty and crusted inside. They all turn smooth and feel like they would work.

Thanks in advance for all the questions I may have. I have a feeling that I might be leaning on some of you. :)

Dan - San Diego