Screw Holder Starter

Started by Cadman, December 25, 2016, 01:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman

Hi Guys,
    This is my first thread and post. I clean many small baitcasting and spinning reels for myself, friends and club members. Many of the reels I clean have small screws that are hard to hold, or put into their perspective holes to screw them in. Is there a good tool that will hold the head of a small screw while I try to position it and screw it in without dropping the screw. I would like one for slotted screws and phillips screws or a tool that holds both. Also I'm looking for a good tool that will last. So what do you guys use or suggest. Thank You in advance.

steelhead_killer

I haw always used a little dap of grease to hold the screw to the driver in tight spaces...works for me!  Merry Christmas!
><)))">

sdlehr

Or put a little dab of grease on the threads to hold it near or on the screw hole first, then use the driver as usual.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

reel man

Ditto!  Grease is a little screw's best friend.

reelrepair123

grease work good on little phillips screws,  but   they sell screwdrivers that have a sliding sleeve that locks the screw head in the slot of the screwdriver, check on ebay the tool is by klein tools, it is fantastic, i have two of them and can't tell you how fantastic they are , a must for reel repair.   harryk

handi2

These 2 will hold the smallest of slotted screws. Even the smallest on Ambassaduer reels. A must have for Penn reels.

The K23 is the one used daily. The smaller K21 is for very small screws.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Cadman

I've tried grease and sometimes it works sometimes not. Also tried to magnetize the screwdriver, only to finally realize that the screws are stainless.

Cadman

Quote from: handi2 on December 25, 2016, 04:21:38 PM
These 2 will hold the smallest of slotted screws. Even the smallest on Ambassaduer reels. A must have for Penn reels.

Are those the same screwdriver or two different screwdrivers? Is that the model number on the handle? Thanks for the pics.

Tiddlerbasher

Mic

I just picked up a few of these for some of my crew members. Granger has starter screw drivers in both straight/standard screws as well as Phillips. I think they were actually made by Kline Tools. They make electricians tools.

Grease works good to...

Later, Mic