Postin Photos

Started by Jerseymic, July 28, 2017, 07:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymic

Hi All,

Now I no longer use photo bucket because of their greed, could someone please instruct me how to post photos using the forum as a host.

I have tried, get as far as getting the file path into the attachment box (which is greyed out) but cannot find the way to attach it in the post.

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

happyhooker

I did a tutorial last week & used several pics I had uploaded to this site & it seemed to work OK.  Let me see if I can remember how I did the picture part.

1) Sign in; on the home page, see the series of blue tabs about 2 " down from the top; select one of the "GALLERY" tabs.

2) Select "MY GALLERY".

3) Set up a catagory by selecting ADD CATAGORY under the GALLERY ADMIN PANEL.

4) Select the catagory you set up, then select "ADD PICTURE".  Find the picture on your PC that you want to add; you'll need to name it.

5) Repeat 4) for addl. pics.

If you just want to put a couple pics at the bottom of a post you have readied, you don't need to upload the pics, but can just attach.  I believe there is a 4 pic limit.

Holler if still need assistance.

Jerseymic

Quote from: happyhooker on July 30, 2017, 12:12:48 AM
I did a tutorial last week & used several pics I had uploaded to this site & it seemed to work OK.  Let me see if I can remember how I did the picture part.

1) Sign in; on the home page, see the series of blue tabs about 2 " down from the top; select one of the "GALLERY" tabs.

2) Select "MY GALLERY".

3) Set up a catagory by selecting ADD CATAGORY under the GALLERY ADMIN PANEL.

4) Select the catagory you set up, then select "ADD PICTURE".  Find the picture on your PC that you want to add; you'll need to name it.

5) Repeat 4) for addl. pics.

If you just want to put a couple pics at the bottom of a post you have readied, you don't need to upload the pics, but can just attach.  I believe there is a 4 pic limit.

Holler if still need assistance.

Thank you for helping me get this sorted, I really struggle with computers, after a lot of trial and error I manages to get a link in my post, attaching pictures at the bottom of a post I cant seem to make work, I will keep trying!

Thank you again.

Mike.

josa1

Hi Jerseymic,

AFTER the photos are situated in the Gallery, this is the way I attach them to the post.  I use Windows 7, if you use another operating system, you might have to alter these instructions a bit.

First, I open two "tabs".  On the first tab I open the Alan Tani site, Navigate to the Area where you want your post to appear and click on the New Topic at the top of the page.  A New Topic dialog box will open and you will then type in the Title of the Topic, and then start typing the verbiage.

When you get to the point where you want to add your first picture, open a second tab.  You do this by "Right" clicking on your browser icon.  When you do this a menu will pop up.  Select "Open New Tab" option. This new tab will be "layered" behind your browser Icon.  Hovering the cursor over the browser Icon will cause all of the open tabs to pop up.  You can then left click on the tab that you want to use at the moment.

When the second tab is open, open up the AT site again.  This time, select Gallery followed my Gallery.  Navigate to the place in My Gallery that you have stored the pictures you want to use in this post.  When the pictures appear, left click on the picture that you want to apply to the post at this point.  The picture will highlight in the center of the screen.  At the bottom of the picture page there will be a list of "Image Linking Codes". I use the top "BB" code.  At the right side of this code you will see a couple of small flags.  Left Clicking on these flags will open another box that asks "Do you want to allow this Web Page to access your clipboard".  Click on "Don't Allow".  This will highlight the "BB" link in blue.  Hover the cursor over the highlighted link and right click.  A menu will open up, left click on "Copy".

At this point, navigate back to the original Tab where you were entering your new post.  To do this, hover the cursor over the Browser Icon, all of the open tabs will pop up and you can left click on the tab where your new post appears.  When you're back at this point, position the cursor in the post at where you want the picture to appear.  Right Click on this spot and a menu will appear, left click on Paste and the picture will appear in your post.

You can then type more verbiage.  When you get ready for the next picture, navigate back to Tab that has the "My Gallery" pictures, select the 2nd picture you want to post, and go through all of the same key strokes again.  Do this until your new post is complete.

Sounds a little laborious, they're probably better ways that I don't know of,  but by the time you transfer a few pictures, you'll do it like a pro, switching back and forth between the pictures and the post!

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

josa1

Jerseymic

Quote from: josa1 on July 30, 2017, 04:28:36 PM
Hi Jerseymic,

AFTER the photos are situated in the Gallery, this is the way I attach them to the post.  I use Windows 7, if you use another operating system, you might have to alter these instructions a bit.

First, I open two "tabs".  On the first tab I open the Alan Tani site, Navigate to the Area where you want your post to appear and click on the New Topic at the top of the page.  A New Topic dialog box will open and you will then type in the Title of the Topic, and then start typing the verbiage.

When you get to the point where you want to add your first picture, open a second tab.  You do this by "Right" clicking on your browser icon.  When you do this a menu will pop up.  Select "Open New Tab" option. This new tab will be "layered" behind your browser Icon.  Hovering the cursor over the browser Icon will cause all of the open tabs to pop up.  You can then left click on the tab that you want to use at the moment.

When the second tab is open, open up the AT site again.  This time, select Gallery followed my Gallery.  Navigate to the place in My Gallery that you have stored the pictures you want to use in this post.  When the pictures appear, left click on the picture that you want to apply to the post at this point.  The picture will highlight in the center of the screen.  At the bottom of the picture page there will be a list of "Image Linking Codes". I use the top "BB" code.  At the right side of this code you will see a couple of small flags.  Left Clicking on these flags will open another box that asks "Do you want to allow this Web Page to access your clipboard".  Click on "Don't Allow".  This will highlight the "BB" link in blue.  Hover the cursor over the highlighted link and right click.  A menu will open up, left click on "Copy".

At this point, navigate back to the original Tab where you were entering your new post.  To do this, hover the cursor over the Browser Icon, all of the open tabs will pop up and you can left click on the tab where your new post appears.  When you're back at this point, position the cursor in the post at where you want the picture to appear.  Right Click on this spot and a menu will appear, left click on Paste and the picture will appear in your post.

You can then type more verbiage.  When you get ready for the next picture, navigate back to Tab that has the "My Gallery" pictures, select the 2nd picture you want to post, and go through all of the same key strokes again.  Do this until your new post is complete.

Sounds a little laborious, they're probably better ways that I don't know of,  but by the time you transfer a few pictures, you'll do it like a pro, switching back and forth between the pictures and the post!

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

josa1

Thank you for the info josa1, but I am totally lost with all of that.

Mike.

happyhooker

Let me try to send you a reply with a pic or 2 attached on the bottom:

1) You know how to prepare to make a reply; type out what you want to say.

2) At the bottom of the page where you are typing your reply, see "Additional Options..." and click on that.  Various options appear, including "Attach:". Click on the box after "Attach:" with "Choose file" in it; you will then be presented with some pictures on your computer that can be attached (you may have other places on your computer where you have the a pic you want to attach; navigate to that place on your computer 'till you find the pic you want).

3) Click on the pic you want to attach, then click "Open".  The file name of the pic you want to attach will appear after the "Choose File" button you clicked earlier.

4) To attach a 2d pic, click "(more attachments)" which appears after the file name of the 1st pic you attached.  Proceed to click on the 2d "Choose file" button and continue as you did with 1st pic.

As I said earlier, I believe there is a 4 pic limit using this method.

Give it a try, don't give up & let us know if this works or if you need additional help!

Frank

josa1

Hi happyhooker,  This is definitely the best, easiest way to add a picture to a post, if the number of photos in the post is 4 or less.

A  small down side on this technique is that, as far as I know, you can't type verbiage between the photos.

josa1

Jerseymic

Quote from: happyhooker on July 30, 2017, 07:56:23 PM

2) At the bottom of the page where you are typing your reply, see "Additional Options..." and click on that.  Various options appear, including "Attach:". Click on the box after "Attach:" with "Choose file" in it; you will then be presented with some pictures on your computer that can be attached (you may have other places on your computer where you have the a pic you want to attach; navigate to that place on your computer 'till you find the pic you want).

3) Click on the pic you want to attach, then click "Open".  The file name of the pic you want to attach will appear after the "Choose File" button you clicked earlier.

4) To attach a 2d pic, click "(more attachments)" which appears after the file name of the 1st pic you attached.  Proceed to click on the 2d "Choose file" button and continue as you did with 1st pic.

Give it a try, don't give up & let us know if this works or if you need additional help!

Frank

Hi Frank,

Thank you for that, I have copied and saved it in a word document on my pc for future reference.

Mike.

Jerseymic

Quote from: happyhooker on July 30, 2017, 07:56:23 PM

Frank

Hi Frank,

Just tried a test, I clicked on additional options, when the options open up the box after attach is greyed out and hasn't got choose file in it, it has a browse button after it which I can use to find my photo and get the file in the box (which is still greyed out), there is no choose file or attach button to be seen so can't get the photo into the post.

Mike.

happyhooker

The reply you sent a bit ago, which starts out "Just tried a test..." did have a pic of that Senator at the end of it; was that one you attached?

Jerseymic

Quote from: happyhooker on July 30, 2017, 09:55:04 PM
The reply you sent a bit ago, which starts out "Just tried a test..." did have a pic of that Senator at the end of it; was that one you attached?

Don't know how that happened, after I put my text in the post I just put the file in the attach box clicked preview and only my text was visible so clicked post and that was that?

Stumped, like I said there is no attach button or choose file showing anywhere.

Mike.

Rothmar2

This is great info, and highlights the problems I'm going to have rebuilding most of my posts. How am I going to "break" posts up with 4 pics in each post, when some of my original posts had 20+ photos, and still keep the text in order?

happyhooker

That is weird, Mike.

I've got a couple ideas; let me work thru them when I get a little time & I'll try to post another reply.

Frank

mhc

Quote from: Rothmar2 on July 31, 2017, 01:16:39 AM
This is great info, and highlights the problems I'm going to have rebuilding most of my posts. How am I going to "break" posts up with 4 pics in each post, when some of my original posts had 20+ photos, and still keep the text in order?
Hi Chris, the 4 pics limit applies to added photos when you add photo files (not links to a host) - if you upload them to My(your) Gallery on the site and copy the links into your post it is not limited to four. I restored the 501N thread & it has 11 photos in the first post. It is still a slow job - I went into each post and deleted the photobucket link and inserted a My Gallery link to the same photo in it's place, one at a time so I could keep track.
Mike   
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Decker

Guys, great to see everyone helping out with the photobucket crisis!  I'd like to move this post to  "Website Issues or Technical Problems with the Board" (http://alantani.com/index.php?board=114.0)  Hope no one minds.   /Joe