Postin Photos

Started by Jerseymic, July 28, 2017, 07:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decker

Quote from: Jerseymic on August 11, 2017, 06:37:31 AM
Thanks buddy, I really struggle with technology, I'm the sort of guy that likes to plug it in and it works, it is said that technology is supposed to make life easier!!!!!!

Mike.

Frank and Mike, glad you were able to figure this out together.  I'll be on the lookout for these browser differences.

To respond to Mike's comment, "plug it in and it works,"   there was a Microsoft system started in Windows 95 call "Plug and Play."  Well it worked so imperfectly that it became know in IT as "Plug and Pray." ;D   It works much better now, but there was a lot of pain along the way.

A saying that I have developed after working in IT half my life is "Why costs extra."   If you want something fixed, try this and that, and a,b,c (in all combinations).   If you want to know why something worked after finding the solution...   well, it may not be worth the effort ::)

/Joe

happyhooker

It seems to me the whole purpose of this site is to share & learn (& maybe have some fun); one is giving, the other is taking, but if there are no givers, there won't be any takers either after a while & vice versa.  Anything anyone can do to help with the communication process--we'll all come out ahead.

Decker

Quote from: happyhooker on August 13, 2017, 01:02:37 AM
It seems to me the whole purpose of this site is to share & learn (& maybe have some fun); one is giving, the other is taking, but if there are no givers, there won't be any takers either after a while & vice versa.  Anything anyone can do to help with the communication process--we'll all come out ahead.

Agreed! Is there something that needs more attention now? /Joe

Jerseymic

Hi Guys,

Once again I thank you for all the help you have given me with posting photos, because I was totally confused.

Mike.

happyhooker

Barrywa115

Testin.... attaching a photo

Tightlines667

Quote from: Barrywa115 on March 05, 2018, 04:09:29 AM
Testin.... attaching a photo

That worked, and that is a sweet little reel there!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Carl L

Those are both nice !   What's the one on the left??

Tightlines667

Quote from: Carl L on March 05, 2018, 04:23:09 AM
Those are both nice !   What's the one on the left??

That is one reel.  The stock Charter Special parts on the right were replaced with Alan Tani's handle arm, handle, and frame.  This, along with minor internal mods pushes the reel from a stock levelwind designed for mono, to a topless nonlevelwind suited for braid.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12.0

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Carl L

Ughh, where will it end? I've been buying like crazy, and that really perked my interests haha..

Dominick

Quote from: Jerseymic on July 30, 2017, 10:16:37 PM
Quote from: happyhooker on July 30, 2017, 09:55:04 PM
The reply you sent a bit ago, which starts out "Just tried a test..." did have a pic of that Senator at the end of it; was that one you attached?

Don't know how that happened, after I put my text in the post I just put the file in the attach box clicked preview and only my text was visible so clicked post and that was that?

Stumped, like I said there is no attach button or choose file showing anywhere.

Mike.

sometimes it's best to be lucky... Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Barrywa115

QuoteUghh, where will it end? I've been buying like crazy, and that really perked my interests haha..

Yep, for,the charter special I started out wanting to upgrade the drag. Then I saw the handles and thought, yeah, larger handles! The frames looked really cool and when there gone they are gone so I thought, yep, I want that too. I have two of the charter specials so I bought two sets of upgrades. ;D

I spent the money but they will be overachievers now. I'm not sure how the stock drag spec is 33lbs but that's what shimano speced. I did the upgrades today, set the drag at 10lb and it is smooth as can be. I can slap the drag lever up to the strike position at any time and I'll get the same 10 lbs of drag, every time.