Alan Tani 11th anniversary crab and rock cod charter

Started by mikeysm, September 21, 2019, 06:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc Fong

Spoke with Captain Tom and he said we'll know more as we get closer to Saturday. I've stocked up on Bonine so I good to go. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

David Hall

I ordered kind seas and good weather.  We should be good to go.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on December 10, 2019, 05:03:37 PM
latest projection from windfinder.com, 7-14 knots all morning. 

Even I can handle that.  However, I'm not sure of the rest of the forecast.  Check the rest from NOAA,

SAT
NW winds 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 3 to 4 ft. NW swell 9 to 11 ft.

Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

pjstevko

Who is making the final say if the trip is a go or not?

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

jlezama

Quote from: pjstevko on December 10, 2019, 11:15:03 PM
I will know more by tomorrow and/or Thursday. I will also keep a close look on the weather, so far it looks fishable
Juan

Neilman

Hi Gang,

I fished hmb, yest, with Capt Chris of the Ankeny Street and his merry band of regulars.  The conditions were as calm as being on a big lake in the summer.  The sun even came out!  Wind was minimal at 3mph, and waves were no more than 3' with a very smooth swell.  We didn't have much current, if any, so we were able to drop to bottom on as little as 8oz weights.  As far as December weather, this was as good as it would get. 

Unfortunately, it looks like Sat may not be as smooth.  Dress is warm layers, and prepare to get wet (just in case).  We may need sinkers from 8oz to 16oz; the torpedo shape minimizes drag by the current.  Watch your lines, esp. from the starboard & don't let it go too far below or you'll tangle with the port-side lines.  The deckhands wll remind us.

We had a blast along with crab and rockfish limits.  Some of the rockfish are small, and the ling bite is slow.  But some of us manage to land a few vermillion and canaries in the 3lb range.  Shrimp flies & squid will always get you the small rockfish and sometimes more.  I had more success with my red & white bumblebee pline shrimp flies, although I changed the hi-lo setup with a 1oz white bucktail with red thread on the neck.  The canary was so aggressive that it tore off the hairs!  lol.  There are lings; I caught a baby ling, so did others.  A few caught shorts (the ling minimum keeper size is 22").

We hung out close to Pillar Point harbor, no more than half an hour away.  On Sat, Capt. Mike of the Hulicat will likely take us to the Deep Reef to hunt for bigger fish.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Looking forward to fish with you all!  - Neil

JoseCuervo

Quote from: jlezama on December 10, 2019, 11:36:21 PM
I will know more by tomorrow and/or Thursday. I will also keep a close look on the weather, so far it looks fishable
Juan

Juan, I need to get you paid and can do that via Paypal today. If options are also that I can pay on the boat, maybe that is best with a possible cancel.

Let me know what you think. If on the boat, do I pay you or the Captain?

Thanks

Rob

Bryan Young

Have fun.  I'll be arriving back into the Bay Area on Saturday from Paris (again). I'm sure it will be much better than my travel experiences with the public workers strike that is occurring daily since last week.  

Took a train from the airport to the last stop.  Had to then take a cab or bus to get closer because the train didn't go as far because of the strike.  Well, no available taxis to be found.  Tried to take the bus but it's just jammed packed and I couldn't get on the bus either.  So I decided to walk the 7 km to the hotel.  I walked past the buses that I tried to get on and not one of those busses passed me on the way to the hotel (I was following the bus route) because of traffic.  So walking the 1.5+ hours was actually faster than the bus but now I'm exhausted and my legs and feet hurt (I think I need new shoes).  At least I was not a sardine on a bus but out walking in fresh air and looking at all of the newer asian food places that had sprung up, from Indian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Vietnamese...I was tempted to have some Japanese or Vietnamese along the way but all I could think if is lying down on a bed.  I'm sure your trip will be much better than my trip has been thus far.  The flight over is another story of its own...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bill B

Bryan, sounds like a rough start to your trip, hope it gets better.  Let us know how the Asian cuisine turns out.  Will miss you on the fishing trip.  Would have been good to meet  you.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

jlezama

Quote from: JoseCuervo on December 11, 2019, 09:17:28 PM
Juan

Juan, I need to get you paid and can do that via Paypal today. If options are also that I can pay on the boat, maybe that is best with a possible cancel.

Thanks

Rob
Hi Rob
Pay me at the boat, I will be taking care of business with the skipper early that morning
Juan

pjstevko

I'm sorry to say that I will not be joining you guys this weekend. My wife was in a car accident yesterday and I need to stick around this weekend to take care of her. She's not hurt badly just some bumps, bruises and a case of whiplash.

Juan was gracious enough to offer me refund..... so I guess a spot just opened up I if anyone wants to join the trip!

Have fun and catch'm up guys!

Pj

Bill B

Family first brother!  Take care of momma, the fish will wait.....glad she wasn't seriously hurt or injured.  Will include you guys in my prayers.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

JoseCuervo

Quote from: jlezama on December 12, 2019, 01:06:47 AM
Quote from: JoseCuervo on December 11, 2019, 09:17:28 PM
Juan

Thanks

Rob
Hi Rob
Pay me at the boat, I will be taking care of business with the skipper early that morning
Juan

I'll do that Juan!

Thanks

Rob