Alan Tani 11th anniversary crab and rock cod charter

Started by mikeysm, September 21, 2019, 06:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neilman

PJ,

I can relate.  My wife came home early this morning.  She had the look that she just got fired.  Turns out she had a minor accident with the truck.  No dmg to the other guy but a small tear to our bumper's fascia.  Everything's fixable as long as she's fine.  Maybe now she'll listen & keep a longer stopping distance, eh?  Hope your wife heals up soon.  Sorry to miss you & Bryan this Sat.  The fish can wait.  Look fwd to getting to know y'all sometime down the road...

Neil

Swami805

Hope your wife heals up quick, bummer you can't make it

NOAA has 10-15 knots of wind with a chance of rain  still fishable I'm thinking    9-11' swells but at 17 seconds it won't be bad. Kind of borderline weather wise but I'm game  hope we go!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

jon_elc

it was pretty rough the further we went yesterday.  definitely recommend taking whatever sea-sickness medication / remedies you have!  i popped 2 benedryl in the morning, it might have carried me in the morning, but i should have taken more in the late morning, because i was feeling it when we were pulling the crab pots.  Also didn't help that i was counting and staring in the crab bin instead of looking at the horizon...

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill B

Have been watching too.....Half Moon Bay Buoy looks pretty bad wind 23 knots gusting to 26, waves are 11.5' at 16 seconds, the San Francisco Bar buoy is better wind 17 gusting to 21, waves are 7.5 at 16 seconds.....either way looks like its going to be snotty.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Swami805

jlezama

Quote from: Swami805 on December 12, 2019, 07:29:51 PM
Aarggh!
I will get an update from the captain and post it today by the afternoon. Weather picked up yesterday past 10 am when we were about to switch to crab.
I will do my best to give you as far in advance notice I can
Juan

David Hall

El Pescador

Man o'man it is looking spritzy to me!!!!

https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/half_moon_bay_buoy

Been out at the Farallon islands in 8' - 10' waves, and trying to jig the rod with one hand, and hold onto the rail with the other,

well, it made for a very difficult day, and half the people on board were Seasick.

Juan, please keep us informed as you know how the day will happen or not happen.

Thanks man,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

jlezama

Update
I just talked to captain Mike from the Huli Cat. So far the trip is still a go. The weather though is gonna be snotty, fast drifts so we are talking school fish. Again the trip is still a "go" but we are definitely far from a flat calm day. Crabbing should be good, pots are coming with 20+ crabs, so that is solid (as long as the pots didn't move so much since yesterday). No money or deposit has been given, so whoever bails gets their money back. Closests notice I can give you is tomorrow in the afternoon. 
I will keep you posted
So far the weather from NOAA
NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft. W swell 9 to 11 ft at 16 seconds. A slight chance of rain.

alantani

Marc Fong

Regrettably Patty Fong, Marc Fong Jr. and Misty Brewster have decided to bail. I'm still in unless it gets appreciably worse.

Swami805

I'm still game, bombing up there tomorrow. Hope it's a go

alantani

scrinch

I'm still in unless we get canceled.

What time are we supposed to meet up at the marina at HMB?