What is your favorite braided line color?

Started by Black Pearl, November 24, 2011, 04:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: coastalobsession on November 24, 2011, 02:24:26 PM
Color doesn't really matter as long as you use a flouro carbon leader jointed by a Albright, uni to uni or a Bimini twist

IMO that this is the answer.  Given that this is the answer, load up with something that we can see.  Most times that is very important.  We see the line until it disappears at the flouro carbon leader.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Killerbug

I am a camo fan, for the look only.  But 15 the light blue would is not looking bad either.
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

coastalobsession

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 24, 2011, 04:22:44 PM
Some say that color does matter, they say that a red or orange color becomes invisable under water. I can't confirm that...i"m still not able to look out of the fish eyes :-\.

Sorry I meant to say fluorocarbon (stupid auto correction). Color dosent really mater because flouro is virtually invisible to fish and as long as you had that as a leader material you should be good to go.
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

qcguy4198

For inshore fishing..casting artificials along the bank, and "up under" mangroves from my kayak...
I choose colors like # 20. I want the brightest line possible. When I'm making a cast, seeing the line MYSELF is more important than whether or not a fish can see it. I use 3-4 ft. of light wt fluoro. leader to take care of what the fish will see. If I can see my line I can adjust the cast mid-flight to drop the lure where I want it. Since I'm obviously not a world-class caster...if my line/lure combo. "gets lost" against the background, it becomes more like "toss-and-hope".   

seaeagle2

Something to be aware of with Chinese braided line.  I bought a spool to try off of ebay, and it has a weird smell.  KInda smells like they didn't wash the lubricant out of it.  My Power pro and tuf line doesn't have the same smell.  I tried soaking it in mild dishwashing detergent (lemon joy like guys use for rinsing fishing tackle) that seemed to help for a little while but it still has a plasticy, petroleum sort of smell to it,......
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Keta

Is this material color fast?  How does it compare to Spectra and Delrema for streingth?

Before I switch from Jerry Brown and Power Pro I'd have to be convenced your product is superior.  Will you make small samples, 3m-10m avalible for distructive testing?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Black Pearl

Quote from: seaeagle2 on November 25, 2011, 04:09:20 PM
Something to be aware of with Chinese braided line.  I bought a spool to try off of ebay, and it has a weird smell.  KInda smells like they didn't wash the lubricant out of it.  My Power pro and tuf line doesn't have the same smell.  I tried soaking it in mild dishwashing detergent (lemon joy like guys use for rinsing fishing tackle) that seemed to help for a little while but it still has a plasticy, petroleum sort of smell to it,......
There are a lot of very small manufactures in China making some real cheap fishing lines. They will even state that it is made from Spectra or Dyneema fiber material. They don't use the right process for those lines at all. You need to be very careful when buying stuff from the Mainland China.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Keta on November 25, 2011, 04:36:26 PM
Is this material color fast?  How does it compare to Spectra and Delrema for streingth?

Before I switch from Jerry Brown and Power Pro I'd have to be convenced your product is superior.  Will you make small samples, 3m-10m avalible for distructive testing?
I am going to use Japan Dyneema SK71. That is very similar to Spectra. It has high breaking strength, easy handling, near-zero stretch, and easy casting. All machines are made in Japan during all processing at the factory. I was at the factory personally to make sure about that. I have found a material to keep the color longer. It is still being tested.

Any braided line over 40lbs, I am going to use 8 strands, as you might know that 8 strands line is much rounder and smoother. Also, my braids are not hollow. You might wondered since there can be a core inside, then there must be a hole within. However, while braiding  them, fibers are arranged tightly, and that is why my braids are round one, not flat.

Any braided line is 30lbs or less, it will be using 4 strands.

Currently, I am thinking to produce 5000m (50m or 100m per spool) for initial market testing. As soon as I can decide the color and lb classes, I will have it starts right the way. If anyone want to try out my new line product, please let me know. Of course, I don't know the cost yet, but I will not make any money on this 5000m because you guys are testing for me.

If you are interested, please let me know. By the way, I have been testing its strength and quality, and it is very good product. Of course, I will still need some other people's opinion on it; there is where you guys will be needed.

Thank you all in advance.

Alan Chui
Tel: 561-568-3980
PRO Challenger LLC.

Irish Jigger

I have tried Chinese Dyneema braid (white which is the original colour) in four and six strands and found it to be equal to other European Dyneema braids with regard to dia/bs. Where the Chinese braid failed was in the weave quality with loose open sections occurring every 100/150 metres approximately. Good luck with your venture BPFT.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Irish Jigger on November 25, 2011, 06:34:19 PM
I have tried Chinese Dyneema braid (white which is the original colour) in four and six strands and found it to be equal to other European Dyneema braids with regard to dia/bs. Where the Chinese braid failed was in the weave quality with loose open sections occurring every 100/150 metres approximately. Good luck with your venture BPFT.
Actually, there is no Dyneema made in China. Dyneema can be found or imported from Japan or Netherlands. The problem with loose open section is because the way it braids. It might even use a hand braids.

I can guarantee this is not like those braided lines you buy or have bought from China before.   

Keta

Thanks for the feedback, I'd say white.   
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Black Pearl

Quote from: Keta on November 25, 2011, 09:19:29 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I'd say white.   
Can I count you in to be one of the tester for me?

Squirmypug

How will this product compare to the feel of big name super braids? Are you going to list it by ABS or KBS? What will the Diameter/Breaking strength be like compared to other braids? (ABS-actual breaking strength/ KBS-knot breaking strength) Also I have a penn 525 that is in need of 300yds of 30lb if you want another tester.  ;D  Good luck with the product!
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Paleoreelist

The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a Y.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Squirmypug on November 25, 2011, 10:02:06 PM
How will this product compare to the feel of big name super braids? Are you going to list it by ABS or KBS? What will the Diameter/Breaking strength be like compared to other braids? (ABS-actual breaking strength/ KBS-knot breaking strength) Also I have a penn 525 that is in need of 300yds of 30lb if you want another tester.  ;D  Good luck with the product!
Of course, I will post that when I gather all those data.