What is your favorite braided line color?

Started by Black Pearl, November 24, 2011, 04:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobrobill

Bryan Young

Now that I'm finally thinking about it, I like #18 for the main reason is that my friends, those that are deep water free divers (you know, the ones that hang out in 10,000 deep water waiting for an Ahi, Mahi Mahi, marlin,... to swim by, their wetsuits are patches of different color blues and black.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Regor

Been fishing 65lb Green for quite a while now. It works, so I stick with it.

Piskada

Makule

Color doesn't matter to me as long as it's highly visible.  Black is not good since I fish at night as well as during the day, and need to see the line easily.  Red is the same as black.  Bright yellow and white have been the best.

On another issue (mentioned earlier), there are a lot of anglers in Hawaii who would like to use braid, but who cannot due to the lack of abrasion resistance.  Some people do use it in their casting reels, but always use a "top shot" of about 150 yards mono.  With this amount of top shot, the advantage of the smaller diameter of braid is greatly reduced, so most people here just don't use it.  Admittedly, there are some who are interested in color for the additional "bling" it might give to their reels.  For the vast majority, it's the low abrasion resistance characteristic that is the main issue.  If anyone could address that problem, I think virtually everyone here would change over quickly (if the cost were competitive with mono).

Color may be important for marketing, but many here have gotten past that point when it comes to fishing line, and are only concerned with how well it works.  If i could find a braid with excellent abrasion resistance, comparable to or better than mono, I'd switch even it the color were black/red as that would be a far less important secondary consideration.  It wouldn't matter to me if there was no color to the braid at all (white or clear, or whatever the natural color of Dyneema is).
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Wintu

Quote from: Black Pearl Fishing Tackle on November 24, 2011, 04:27:25 AM
I am working on a braided line project. I found a premium quality fiber material for braided fishing line in Japan, and I brought it to a very high respect China factory to have it made it in a premium quality braided line. It has been little over a year, those testing lines have been performing very well. Therefore, I decided to make 50,000M = 54,500 yards in one color first. That is the reason I want to know what is a popular color.

Orange
Green
Blue
White
Pink
Yellow

Your input will really help me on it. If your choice is other, please pick one color from the following.

What was the color choice and also test # ?  Not able to give input because I only pull plugs in river for salmon and steelhead.

bluefish69

I work & fish on open boats mostly so I have been using mainly bright colors.

Yellow

White

Orange

These colors keep my line visable to other people on board. In N.Y. I can use a top shot from 3' - 50' according to where you are fishing.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

onemako

yellow or green. Seems to work well fishing the flats.

Black Pearl

Here is #38 color on the real product.

macka17

Still have a lot of green Tuff line left. (Coupla 1200yds of 80lb and one of 60.)
But nowadays it's either yellow for fishing.
or Multi. every ten.  for jigging.

I used YGK Multi for a while. But found it very slippy on the knots.
Actually lost a coupla lengths at the knot. And good fish.
Never happens with the Tuff.
Tried a few others but Tuff as good.
Never let me down yet,and a good price in comparison..
Mate uses dark red. But I can never see it once in water.
I like to see where it's going\coming from.

I tried white. But round here (Central Q'land) we get lots of river run off
with the regular floods in the wet.  and it gets dirty. real quick..
Looks real crap. real quick.

Bunnlevel Sharker

Well i saw something about charter captains in nc testing, and if you meant north carolina then i might not be a charter captain but i could do some lbsf and kingfishing from the pier test ;)
Grayson Lanier