Penn 113h Reel/Tank

Started by Alto Mare, December 02, 2011, 02:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norcal Pescador

Hey Sal, how did you add the metal to the bridge? I don't like the idea of the dog spring sitting out there either. Do you think JB Weld would work?

Very nice, buddy. 30 pounds! 8)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Keta

Is the thick clicker tongue something I cut?  I had to hand hone a lot of metal off the one I put in my reel and didn't think I sent any out.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Is that a penn Mariner stand up rod you are punishing there Sal?
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Norcal Pescador on June 25, 2013, 01:43:20 PM
Hey Sal, how did you add the metal to the bridge? I don't like the idea of the dog spring sitting out there either. Do you think JB Weld would work?
Rob, I'm not a fan of JB Weld but I hear lots of good things about it here. That's solder, I don't believe it's going anywhere soon, that stuff is on to stay ;).
Quote from: Keta on June 25, 2013, 01:45:58 PM
Is the thick clicker tongue something I cut?  I had to hand hone a lot of metal off the one I put in my reel and didn't think I sent any out.
No Lee, I had that one. You did send me a couple of ss clickers, but those were too small for the tank. I did grind that one nicely, but I only did it around the hole ::). A person that never makes mistakes doesn't know a thing ;)
Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 25, 2013, 02:06:20 PM
Is that a penn Mariner stand up rod you are punishing there Sal?

No Daron, that's a Captain's Choice FB564060. One of my favorite rods .
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 26, 2013, 12:02:34 AM
Quote from: Norcal Pescador on June 25, 2013, 01:43:20 PM
Rob, I'm not a fan of JB Weld but I hear lots of good things about it here. That's solder, I don't believe it's going anywhere soon, that stuff is on to stay ;).

Sal, how did you get such a large build-up of it? Did you use a propane torch or was a soldering iron hot enough?
Rob
Rob

Alto Mare

Propane torch, Rob. I don't believe a soldering iron would do it.
Earlier I explained how I did it over by Fish Pro's post "Penn Senator II 113 HLW"
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Shark Hunter

Hey Guys!
The Boss gave me a great deal on a T4NK kit and stainless sleeve.
I only have one 4/0. I guess its going to be a Tank!
Look out Dom! Going to try and top that rooster fish!
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 03, 2013, 03:32:38 AM
Hey Guys!
The Boss gave me a great deal on a T4NK kit and stainless sleeve.
I only have one 4/0. I guess its going to be a Tank!
Look out Dom! Going to try and top that rooster fish!
World record is 114lbs.  Apparently someone fishing in La Paz with Tail Hunters International landed one bigger than the world record took a picture and sent it back.  You have to admire a sportsman like that.  In 15 years of fishing the Cabo area my rooster was the biggest I saw down there and my personal best.  It would be my pleasure to see you with a picture of a bigger fish.  They are out there, so go for it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 24, 2013, 09:38:45 PM
I mentioned to Dominick that I was going to try to give him some more drag, probably close to 30lb.
This is the way I decided to go
[I also decided to give Dominick a better bridge
Dominick, I'm hoping that you will take the tank with you again, on the  Tournament.
If you do, fish it hard. The drags feel a little smoother that earlier, to get to 30lb you need to crank the star all the way....don't hold back.
I checked everything twice, the tank is ready to go.  I will drop it in the mail to you as soon as I can.
Thanks again for doing this buddy.
Sal
Sal I received the reel. I unpacked it and took to the garage and attached it to a Penn Senator Rod 50-80 lbs.  I attached it to my scale then to the bumper of "Rosie" she is my Chevy Blazer.  All this time my wife was waiting to go out to dinner so I had to put it aside.  I am up in the high country for the 4th of July weekend and I will not be able to get Rosie to give the reel a work-out.  I'll get El Pescador over here to hold the rod and reel while Rosie and I drive off.  I will report soon.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

BMITCH

Dominick, with gas being so high priced nowadays maybe you could have Bryan run down the block with it. I heard somewhere he has experience in such matters. :D
luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

Quote from: BMITCH on July 03, 2013, 12:35:28 PM
Dominick, with gas being so high priced nowadays maybe you could have Bryan run down the block with it. I heard somewhere he has experience in such matters. :D
;D  I dont' mind running.  I just don't want to hold the rod at 30#s.  Actually, we should film it.  I predict that the rod will fly out of Dom's hands at some point and Wayne will not hear Dom say STOP!  ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Norcal Pescador

Rob

El Pescador

Hey, Hey, Hey!!!

I seem to be getting dragged into this conversation!

Dom, wasn't Rosie the name of your second wife??? ;D    Enjoy the Tahoe weekend, and if you have time, splash a few trout lures in the lake for some "BAIT" catching as you call it!

and Sal, seriously, we will get photos of Dom testing the "TANK" for the 30 lbs. of drag, that will now become a game changer!!!

an early Happy July 4th wishes to all, and remember to read (or re-read) the Declaration of Independence!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!