BAD EXPERIENCE ORDERING TSI 301 FROM PILKGUNS

Started by Dominick, December 11, 2011, 11:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Hi Dominick,

I'll put some in a jar for you when I return.  I have to work up in Palo Alto next Monday and Tuesday.  Let's meet up afterwards and I'll swap you the TSI for the reel.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

You got that right, Alan! ...what's worse is they messed with the wrong lawyer who happens to be a member of such a far reaching site!  ;)
Dom

Alto Mare

Quote from: broadway on December 13, 2011, 09:12:35 PM
You got that right, Alan! ...what's worse is they messed with the wrong lawyer who happens to be a member of such a far reaching site!  ;)
Dom

X2! ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Ok Guys:  This guy won't let up.  Here is the latest.  I decided to respond to his email to me as follows:

Mr. Pilkington:  I can purchase elsewhere.  Rather then look at the way you do on-line business you decide to call me an idiot and a thief.  I approved a $22.00 charge to my credit card and you took the unauthorized position to charge more than I approved, and you call me a thief?  You are projecting.
I don't particularly care what the charges are, but you are not up front with your charges when an order is placed.  This practice according to the laws of the State of Tennessee is a deceptive practice under the state consumer protection statutes, and you call me an idiot.  I am going to write to the Attorney General of your state to advise them of this deceptive practice.  Sincerely, Dominick Libonati

Here is his response:
And you will have to purchase elsewhere, because I don't like selling to idiots like yourself. If anyone was "projecting" it was you with your usage of "trick" and "fraudulent practice" and  "49% premium"  . Any person who was not an idiot would not use phrases like that.  Any person who was not a thief would not make statements like "If there is not a credit to my credit card, I will refuse the package when it reaches here.  "  Only a thief would use the extortion tactics you have tried to do.  Therefore, my statements stand .

I stopped the package enroute, so you would not have to deal with us and we will be refunding your credit card, so we have done nothing wrong. 
Scott Pilkington

I have tried to understand how a person can get so upset when he is wrong.  I sent a letter to the Attorney General of Tennessee.  The Consumers Affairs Department should look into it.  If not I won't lose any sleep over it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

franky

Oh I totally understand and feel your anger.  Its kinda like some of the restaurants that tally on tip onto the bill and don't say anything.  Then you pay it and you leave tip at the table.  >:( Sneaky!

Yes Dom, you're just like me....its the principle of the matter!  The shipping could have been just two bucks....just tell me upfront for goodness sakes!  When the bill says 22.00 as the final charge and then they sneak in 10.75  :o  What the heck is that?  :-\   But to have reply such as he did... >:( Pathetic 

Norcal Pescador

That lolo (thanks kamu ;D) is a five-star bully or else he has the IQ of a rock. "People" like that have no business being in business!
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

broadway

Business used to be done on a hand shake... now it's done by the click of a mouse, BUY NOW!

Unfortunately, for Pilkguns I don't think business is his biggest problem... maybe a therapist is in order  ::)
Hey Dominick, at least you got your money back.  Leaning posts won't send me my money or the products.  I have a lawyer sending them a letter next week.
I hate getting screw especially over the computer or phone by telephone tough guys!!!

better luck next time, pal
Dom

Dominick

Dom the scary part is he has access to guns ::).  If it is going to cost you money for your lawyer to write don't bother spending the money.  The lawyer's letter is an empty threat, because you are not going to pay a lawyer to sue Leaning Post.  So the idea is to just sue them in small claims court.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Let's turn it around. Instead of suing, why don't we take him fishing ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Dominick,
     Anyone has access to guns, but if you're gonna shoot someone for $20, you were probably gonna shoot someone for nothing soon or later anyway.  I'm not trying to get my money back at this point... my best friend is a lawyer and I want him to go through the channels for me to give these guys a mark on their business.  It ain't right screwing people over who chose a mom and pop over big business (taco, reliable, smith, etc) to support the little guy... I just gave a donation ??? AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN ON MY WATCH! These knuckleheads even sent me text messages telling me they'll overnight my check back, however their gonna take the $40 it cost for shipping out of my check.  When I called them back 5 seconds after I got the message they said they didn't send it, but I just dialed the number that the text came from... childish crap!  I'm so Sicilian/stubborn I have considered going to Arizona to say hello (a day trip)... would love to see the "tough guys" faces then! ;)  Small claims? How does that work when they're in Arizona... just asking?

... Sal, fishing is a good idea... I'm thinkin' offshore  ;)
Dom

Dominick

Dom that's easy. Sue them locally and serve them in Arizona.  They do business in NY so there is enough of a connection to your jurisdiction.  Rob, interesting.  Off shore hmmm!  Dominick

broadway

Thanks for the advice, Dominick... that's gonna be my next step (keep ya posted)
Dom

redsetta

QuoteI'm thinkin' offshore...
Waaaaay offshore  ;)
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Badgergirl

The Website does not charge shipping automatically.  The cheapest UPS Ground shipping with insurance you can get STARTS at $10.00.   Just because an item is cheap does not mean it will ship for 2% of what it costs.   TSI is a delicate item and would have to be boxed and padded appropriatly to keep it safe. You can't exactly put an aerisol can in a Bupple-lope.   If you order a .99 pack of gum and ship it in the smallest box UPS allows it will still be $10.00.   Did you not notice the place marked "Shipping Cost" was blank?   When shipping is automatically charged on websites most of the time you end up paying a lot more. Most websites I frequent have "handling fees" for orders under $25 or even $50.  Pilkington's charges EXACT shipping costs in order to keep the cost's down for the customer. With no handling or minimum order fees. If the item you ordered was $75 and fit in the same size box the shipping would have been the same.   You were charged basic shipping costs pure and simple. Not scammed or took advantage of.   

Off the website:

SHIPPING INFORMATION

"We normally ship orders via UPS. If you prefer an alternative means of shipment, please note your request in the Special Instructions/Comments box or contact us.
If you require a shipping charge quote, please contact us at info@pilkguns.com or 931-924-3400."