BAD EXPERIENCE ORDERING TSI 301 FROM PILKGUNS

Started by Dominick, December 11, 2011, 11:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

The other day I decided to order some TSI 301 from Pilkguns.com.  I filled out the order form and when I completed the credit card information there was a charge of $22.00.  Here is the order summary.  I condensed it. 
"----------------------------
ORDER SUMMARY
----------------------------
  Item Subtotal:    22.00
Sales Tax:             0.00
Shipping Cost:       0.00
GRAND TOTAL:    22.00"
A couple of days later I recevied an email saying the item shipped and there was Sales Receipt showing the order and a $10.75 Shipping and Handling charge.  I sent an email to the company complaining about a 49% shipping and handling charge as follows:
I need to register my displeasure at the trick your company played on me.
Set out below is the order for TSI 301.  As you can see when I signed off the site, that was the amount I was going to be charged for my order.  I received a sales receipt in a later email notifying me that there was a handling and shipping charge of $10.75.  That is 49% over the cost of the merchandise and evidences a fraudulent practice on your part.  Had you advised me that there would be a 49% premium to purchase from you I would not have done so.  I hereby demand that you remove the $10.75 charge from my credit card.  I will object to the charges when I receive my bill if you do not remove those charges.  I would be willing to pay an actual shipping charge.  If there is not a credit to my credit card, I will refuse the package when it reaches here. 
Dominick Libonati.

I received the following response from Scott Pilkington:
Mr. Libonati,
I have put out a UPS intercept that will have the package returned to us.  I do not like to deal with idiots or thieves and you appear to be both.  When the  merchandise is returned we will be refunding your credit card.  I have added your name to the do not sell to list.
Scott Pilkington

I am posting this thread to let you know the type of company you might be dealing with if you order through Pilkguns.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

I had an unbelievably similar story when I ordered from outrodders from leaning posts.com (from bloody decks.)  I ordered them in July and am STILL trying to get my money back cause I sure as hell don't want their product now.  I went to the BBB for the first time in my life... I doubt it will help, but I hate getting robbed!  If they were on this coast I would have knocked on the door in August.  If Pilkguns is local maybe you should stop by and say hello! >:( I hope these guys straighten out your order cause I'm sure you're as frustrated as I am about the lack/crappy customer service.  Why is production going overseas... hmmmm?
Dom

Norcal Pescador

Well it appears Mr.(?) Pilkington may end up the idiot, because I'm sure he just lost a whole lot of potential business. I know he won't get mine. >:(   And he gets to pay UPS charges both ways. :D :D
Thanks for posting this Dominick.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dominick

Dom, Rob:  I am like you Dom I don't go to the authorities but in this case, I am so angry at this deceptive practice that I wrote a letter to the Attorney General of Tennessee.  They just might look into it.  I hope you understand that I don't mind shipping charges, just tell me up front there is a charge so I can make up my mind whether to pay it or not.  Actually this is a ludicrous amount to charge.  Don't any of these companies pay their employees out of their overhead?  Just think about this.  The employee takes an 8 ounce can puts it in a box with some packing, smacks on a label printed from the computer, tapes the box closed and puts it in a stack for UPS to pickup.  My charge was $10.75, multiply that many times in a day and Ka-ching the company is making a big profit on this employee's sweat.  Where are reasonable charges?  Sorry about my rant.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

I feel your frustration, Dominick. That moron shouldn't have handled it in that manner. In the old days he would have been used as backfill for a patio for calling customers idiots. I've been self-employed for over 20 years and I know about customer service. My business runs on referrels only, I never advertise and thank god, I'm always busy. BUT, I know how to treat my customers. I don't believe that the person that handled your transaction is the owner, he's probably just a worker that didn't have proper training. Still, you have every rights to be upset.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

My families business hasn't lasted 40 years by using their business plan... that's for sure!
...Backfill, now that's a good idea! ;)
Dom

kamuwela

i am in the process of testing their products as we speak. the sample's were given to me as well as some corrosion x. i like what i see so far but i refuse to deal with people like this. are they a lone dealer or where else can we get tsi301 ? if they are the only one's then im sticking with corrosion x. as rob said i think with all our traffic he will be the moron in the end. in hawaii the word is lolo

Norcal Pescador

Kamu -
I went to www.tsi.com and was redirected to this site when I clicked on the "Buy" Lubricants:
http://www.detectorbuy.com/shop/cart.php?target=category&category_id=256
I don't know if they're limited in their selection, or these are the only ways tsi packages it.
Lolo  :D :D  I like it!
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

kamuwela

thank's rob ill try them. i bet i pay $25 for shipping from the other end of the u.s. lol, not to be confused with lolo

alantani

crud, dom, i ordered a case of the stuff during the summer.  you could have just had one!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

i also took several cans to the post office to ship them overseas.  shipping came out to $16.  the farthest was norway!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

I believe the 8 oz can fit in a small flat rate box by itself.  Shipping should be what, $5 or so for the US.

Dominick, sorry for your bad experience.  The shipping rate from them direct is quite expensive as well if you order one can.  That is why I order a lot...maybe too much.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

No excuse for him being rude, I hope he is suitably punished for this bad behavior.

With the price of $22.00 I'll assume it was the 11oz aerosol can you ordered, you might be seeing a hazardous charge in the shipping charge.  If my memory is right it was $10.00 per box when I lived on an island in SE Alaska.  We got double charged as everything had to go to Seattle first then barged to Ketchikan where we picked it up.   I tried to order powder and ammo by the pallet load to save on the hazardous materials charges.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Dominick, what do you need?  8 oz or aerosol? I get back on Friday.  Out of 8 oz can.  Gotta see Alan for that. Aerosol, 1 can left.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Hi all:  Thanks for your support.  If I hear back from the Attorney General I will report it here.  This was just an 8 oz. can of TSI 301, not aerosol.  I hope everyone understands that the issue is that the order form says $22.00.  I gave them my credit card information for an  approved $22.00 charge.  See the order summary in my first post in this thread.  Two days later the Sales Receipt showed the unauthorized charges of $10.75.  I want to be able to make a decision whether to pay a shipping charge or not.  Keta if there was a hazardous materials charge that should have been disclosed also.  The whole reason for this thread is so that you can keep your eyes open when dealing with this company.  Every other on line company gives you a total of your charges before you confirm the order.  This company does not.  Bryan, thanks for your offer.  I only need about 1-2 ounces but ordered the 8 oz. can to share with some of my friends.  Dominick