BAD EXPERIENCE ORDERING TSI 301 FROM PILKGUNS

Started by Dominick, December 11, 2011, 11:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: Badgergirl on February 14, 2012, 08:24:09 PM
The Website does not charge shipping automatically.  The cheapest UPS Ground shipping with insurance you can get STARTS at $10.00.   Just because an item is cheap does not mean it will ship for 2% of what it costs.   TSI is a delicate item and would have to be boxed and padded appropriatly to keep it safe. You can't exactly put an aerisol can in a Bupple-lope.   If you order a .99 pack of gum and ship it in the smallest box UPS allows it will still be $10.00.   Did you not notice the place marked "Shipping Cost" was blank?   When shipping is automatically charged on websites most of the time you end up paying a lot more. Most websites I frequent have "handling fees" for orders under $25 or even $50.  Pilkington's charges EXACT shipping costs in order to keep the cost's down for the customer. With no handling or minimum order fees. If the item you ordered was $75 and fit in the same size box the shipping would have been the same.   You were charged basic shipping costs pure and simple. Not scammed or took advantage of.  

Off the website:

SHIPPING INFORMATION

"We normally ship orders via UPS. If you prefer an alternative means of shipment, please note your request in the Special Instructions/Comments box or contact us.
If you require a shipping charge quote, please contact us at info@pilkguns.com or 931-924-3400."
Badgergirl: THIS SITE IS NOT HERE FOR THIS KIND OF DISPUTE.  However, I must respond.  I bet you joined this site just to spout the same lies that Scott Pilkington told the Tennessee Consumer Affairs people.  You are missing the point.  I approved the credit card charge of $22.00.  Then I was sent a receipt for $32.75.  You are just as dishonest as Scott Pilkington by misleading the members of this site.  The original charge was "Shipping $0.00."  That does not tell me or anyone who visits your site that you will charge a shipping charge in the future.  If your company was so honest you would put the shipping charges up front.  Tell it to the Tennessee Consumer Affairs Department of the Attorney General's office.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Squirmypug

Badger it seems that it wasn't JUST the cost of shipping that was the problem, it was the attitude of the employee.Customer service goes a long way in the retail market.
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

alantani

to all concerned, please keep things factual (and as respectul as possible).  remember that the 12 year old rule applies.  thank you.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

At least you were upfront and did not try to hard hide your connection to Pilkington, thank you.

When I can fill a USPO flat rate box full of lead and mail it completely across the country for less than $11.00 Pilkington's shipping rate is a bit high unless there is a hazardous shipping fee involved.  The non approved credit card charges appearer to me to be fraud.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Hi Jennifer (Badgergirl),

Welcome to the site.  Note, that this is an unfortunate situation.

Based on your response, it appears that you are affiliated with Mr. Scott Pilkington's business, and if so, it's best to state it upfront.  This sight does not allow for unsubstantiated comments towards a particular product or business.  Note, unsubstantiated.

This posted was allowed to remain on the site due to the fact that Dominick posses actual responses from Mr. Scott Pilkington.

As you had indicated:

"We normally ship orders via UPS. If you prefer an alternative means of shipment, please note your request in the Special Instructions/Comments box or contact us.
If you require a shipping charge quote, please contact us at info@pilkguns.com or 931-924-3400."

By this statement, if the purchaser prefers an alternative means of shipment, or have special handling, then a shipping charge quote may be warranted.  If not, shipping charge that is posted on the point of sale is what the purchaser had agreed to, and if there are any circumstances that additional chargers are in order, it is required by law to contact the purchaser and provide the purchaser a choice to proceed or cancel the order.  It is unlawful for the organization to just tack on the shipping charges without prior authorization.  This is the point of contention.  Dominick was not provided the opportunity to approve or cancel the shipping charges.

And, to make matters worse, Mr. Pilkington made the a personal attack on a customer.    It would all have been easily eliminated if Mr. Pilkington responded in a business like manner, explained the situation, and provided his customer an opportunity to approve or cancel the order based on the new information received of the shipping charges.

I wish Mr. Pilkington and his company success.  I would also suggest that Mr. Pilkington visit several other websites, possibly purchase a few items, and note the shipping charges are indicated in the point of sale (on-line invoice).  Either incorporate something similar or do not charge the customer until he gets agreement from the customer on the shipping charges.

Very best,
Bryan

Quote from: Badgergirl on February 14, 2012, 08:24:09 PM
The Website does not charge shipping automatically.  The cheapest UPS Ground shipping with insurance you can get STARTS at $10.00.   Just because an item is cheap does not mean it will ship for 2% of what it costs.   TSI is a delicate item and would have to be boxed and padded appropriatly to keep it safe. You can't exactly put an aerisol can in a Bupple-lope.   If you order a .99 pack of gum and ship it in the smallest box UPS allows it will still be $10.00.   Did you not notice the place marked "Shipping Cost" was blank?   When shipping is automatically charged on websites most of the time you end up paying a lot more. Most websites I frequent have "handling fees" for orders under $25 or even $50.  Pilkington's charges EXACT shipping costs in order to keep the cost's down for the customer. With no handling or minimum order fees. If the item you ordered was $75 and fit in the same size box the shipping would have been the same.   You were charged basic shipping costs pure and simple. Not scammed or took advantage of.  

Off the website:

SHIPPING INFORMATION

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Badgergirl

"You are just as dishonest as Scott Pilkington by misleading the members of this site."

Wow. Really?   I've worked there for over 7 years and I can't recall anyone having a temper tantrum or finding a problem with the Shipping price 0.00.. The shipping is calcultated after the item(s) are boxed and weighed so the customer is charged exact shipping costs... If $10.75 was the charge for shipping then that is what UPS Ground charged that day.   The item was put in the smallest box that it would safely ship in.  TSI is a flamable oil- you have to assure it is padded.

Scott is one of the most honest, kind, giving people I have ever encountered.  He gives thousands of dollars away of merchandise every year as donations to clubs and youth/disabled events.  I can't imagine the amount of abuse he would have to recieve in order to make a statement like that. However, I was not around at the time of this particular situation.  I had a personal tradegy over the winter and took 3 months off.   

That being said, I didn't come here to defend his customer relations choices. I simply wanted to defend the fact that the charge was not some sneeky price hike that we pocket in order to afford new rims for our BMW's.  It was a shipping charge.  The website is old and not very fancy.  This company is very small and is not a huge warehouse in a big city.  A handful of people do everything.  Out of 600+ automated orders a year I cant recall one ending like this. It sort of makes me believe there is MORE to this story than you are being told by your friend here.
  I don't want to fight with anyone. I didn't come here to attack anyone personally- I would appreciate the same. 

Dominick

Quote from: Badgergirl on February 15, 2012, 05:37:36 PM

I can't imagine the amount of abuse he would have to recieve in order to make a statement like that.

I was not around at the time of this particular situation.  

It sort of makes me believe there is MORE to this story than you are being told by your friend here.

I don't want to fight with anyone. I didn't come here to attack anyone personally- I would appreciate the same. 
Badgergirl: If you were not around during this event then you have to go by what I said in the beginning of this thread.  If you see abuse in the email I sent to Scott Pilkington at the beginning of this thread, I apologize, after all I am an idiot and a thief.  What was said was factual with no embellishment.  There is no more to the story.  I have the emails and correspondence, so do not imply that there is more to the story.  You admit that your site does not show the charges up front, because it is an old site.  Give me a break, a 12 year old can fix that site.  All I have asked of you and all I asked of the Tennessee Consumer Affairs people is that the charges show up so that the consumer can make a choice to pay or not pay the shipping charges, whether reasonable or not.  There is no reason for your wonderful person, Scott Pilkington to call me an idiot and thief based on the correspondence in the beginning of this thread.  Let this end here, I don't care how you do business.  I did not attack him personally though he freely did so in attacking me.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

SoCalAngler

Bryan Young

The link he needs is "AlanTani" or "BryanYoung"  ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Badgergirl

Shopping Cart Product Description Remove Unit Price Quantity Total
Steyr, 8 duct comp    remove  $53.00      ea. update  $53.00
Steyr, grip weight 31g    remove  $13.00      ea. update  $13.00
$66.00Subtotal:
$0.00Tax:
$0.00Shipping:
$66.00
Estimated Order Total:Select a Secure Checkout Option: « Continue ShoppingEmpty CartNOTE: Shipping charges will be calculated at the time of shipping and added to your total.Credit Cards Accepted:

SHIPPING CHARGES WILL BE CALCULATED AT THE TIME OF SHIPPING AND ADDED TO YOUR TOTAL

There it is. Plain as day. Right on the check out page. 

Keta

Unauthorised credit card charges are fraud, no matter what it says on the check out page.

You are digging a hole you will have trouble getting out of and in my life I have always admitted when I was wrong and corrected it.

One thing I do not tolerate is rude.  Your bosses reaction to being questioned was VERY RUDE and you will NEVER see a penny of mine no mater what the price.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Badgegirl:  I am getting tired of your disingenuous comments.  Here is a full copy of the page.  Show me where it says shipping charges will be added later.  Like the previous post says, admit you are wrong, apologize and let's move on.  I am posting private information in this post in order to show that the first receipt I received and approved is exactly as received from your company. This is a true and correct copy of the confirmation.  Dominick

Hello,

Thank you for your order with PilkGuns Price List. Below are your order details.

Order Number: 2205-3832-0527
Order Date: 2011-12-06 22:52:01

----------------------------
PAYMENT INFORMATION
Purchase Billing Method: Credit Card

Name on Card: DOMINICK LIBONATI
CC Type: mastercard

BILLING INFORMATION
Company: