EatMyTackle H346

Started by PacRat, June 16, 2021, 10:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wompus Cat

Quote from: PacRat on July 08, 2021, 11:14:37 PM
You were missing too completely different washers than me. I imagine your thruster drag didn't work at all without the beveled washer (or 'forced tight ring'). Your handle must have been wobbly as hell too.

At least mine worked right out of the box. I'm just concerned that it might stop working.

I need to go back and see which washers Rudy is missing.

-Mike

I mis read your post.I thought you were missing 6 and 16 .
My Reel works Flawlessly even after I fixed it ...lol
THe only washers I had missing were the ones between the  Star and Handle ....
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

PacRat

For me it was 6 and 13.
13 concerns me the most because it adds thickness to the drag assembly.
I'm not really sure what 6 does as the schematic shows it as a typical flat-washer. Is 6 curved so it doesn't float around between the 5 and 7?
-Mike

Wompus Cat

I put a Domed Shaped Washer  in for #6 they sent in the mess of parts I got .
AND NOW I don't remember if mine has the #13 or not so will tear back into it BUT there is plenty of space on mine for Drag adj.
The way I keep tearing back into this I think I am going to get the wife to make me a Zipper to put on it.

RowdyW

I'm missing washers 5 & 6. I don't know if 6 is flat or curved since it's missing. 13 is a keyed washer so it doesn't turn to not wear out the plastic spacer when the drag assembly under it is spinning.

Donnyboat

Gee Billy you be careful, your wife might just zip your pockets up, I never worry about washers between the star & the handle, there just a waste to me, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Wompus Cat

Quote from: PacRat on July 09, 2021, 12:09:51 AM
For me it was 6 and 13.
13 concerns me the most because it adds thickness to the drag assembly.
I'm not really sure what 6 does as the schematic shows it as a typical flat-washer. Is 6 curved so it doesn't float around between the 5 and 7?
-Mike

Quote from: RowdyW on July 09, 2021, 01:08:39 AM
I'm missing washers 5 & 6. I don't know if 6 is flat or curved since it's missing. 13 is a keyed washer so it doesn't turn to not wear out the plastic spacer when the drag assembly under it is spinning.

Ok here goes .
I broke mine down again and Mike the 13 is just a thin Round washer and you can install it just by removing the handle and spacer .
If you use the Stock handle you need a fat or Curved washer and possibly a keyed  on top between the Star and Handle and I got my Alan Tani Blade today ( Thanks Boss) and had to leave the top washer out and place it on the outside of Alans Blade because of thickness difference the Retaining Nut would just touch the Top of the Bridge shaft and make it hard to turn the Handle .

I have the washers both of you will need so gimme your addy's and they will be on the way.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Donnyboat on July 09, 2021, 02:38:56 AM
Gee Billy you be careful, your wife might just zip your pockets up, I never worry about washers between the star & the handle, there just a waste to me, cheers Don.

Yepper Most of my Reels don't have that in them either .

Wompus Cat

An epiphany during my brief Slumber of late is that the small washer #13 would NOT be Necessary if you were to make the Spacer .03 -.05mm longer that the Star pushes on  which is the thickness of  this washer and I see where you would bottom out when  the drags mesh in over time Mike . Mine when assembled with what I can Tell the right pieces only has about 80 thousandth's of an inch of travel !

Of the Three Reels we have they so far all of them seem to have parts missing or assembly errors but seem to work on the Bench .
Gotta use one and see how she holds now.

RowdyW

Why didn't you use the red plastic washer #2 & keyed washer #3 under it on the outside of the original handle on the new handle?

Wompus Cat

Quote from: RowdyW on July 09, 2021, 11:55:21 AM
Why didn't you use the red plastic washer #2 & keyed washer #3 under it on the outside of the original handle on the new handle?

Me No Likey Plastic!

Wompus Cat

Update on Reel .
Put it on my old Daiwa 10 Ft. # 3229  Rod and it would cast ok but would inadvertently go in gear on occasion when casting  and got a pretty good Birdnest a few times . Also had to move spool back a bit to get it to go into free spool when it was loaded sooooooooooooooo Tore it back down

trying to find whaddup and discovered in my endeavor to make the spool  spacing  even on both sides of the side plates I had exceeded the allowed spacing on the Gear side causing the Spool to  touch the  pinion  just a smidgeon in Free Spool causing all the probs.
After readjusting the end bearings to keep the distance in Free Spool all is well .
Very touchy Reel in this respect but at least it does have adjustable end Bearings on Both Sides !!

Also yesterday got an e-mail from EATMYTACKLE stating my missing washers were on the way .
So the rest of you should be getting them soon as well.

RowdyW

I got my email yesterday too. I'm not looking to make it a casting reel, I'm more interested in seeing what it's drag capabilities are with that brake drum setup. I'm not looking for max. drag but a decent amount of drag and one that ramps up smoothly & gradually. Probably going to need work with the brake assembly, forcing cone, & a metal spacing sleeve.           Rudy

Rancanfish

I'll be watching to see what you come up woth.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

RowdyW

I got my missing washers today. One is a flat keyed metal washer & the other is a clear plastic washer. I could make the clear plastic washer from the container of fresh strawberries I got from the market. I think I'll replace that one with a piece of delrin or fiber material. I thought they were going to both be metal.      

Wompus Cat

Quote from: RowdyW on July 31, 2021, 02:10:46 AM
I got my missing washers today. One is a flat keyed metal washer & the other is a clear plastic washer. I could make the clear plastic washer from the container of fresh strawberries I got from the market. I think I'll replace that one with a piece of delrin or fiber material. I thought they were going to both be metal.      

The ones I sent ya would not Work ???

They prob just sent you what they Thought would work since they never admitted they were actually missing to start with .
Mine is working just fine with Alan's Blade and the washers I came up with .
Waiting to see what they send me .