EatMyTackle H346

Started by PacRat, June 16, 2021, 10:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wompus Cat

Got my Spares Today and  COOZY with a PURDY GIRLIE on it  ;D

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

RowdyW

Hey Cat, lay out the parts so we can see what you consider the most needed. I serviced mine and I have an idea of what I should order for backup but I like to see what others think is the most neccessary. I serviced mine yesterday & painted the modified stand (semi gloss blk.). They sure were skimpy with their grease. The spool shafts were bone dry. I've got the rod picked out. A BPS  Sea Lion, 7 ft., 20-40#. I going to spool it today with 60# braid with a 40# top shot. When we start fishing these we will have to see who can catch the biggest  and the heaviest fish with this reel. A thing that will be ongoing to be continually topped. "A mans got to know his (reels) limits".  ::)

Wompus Cat

I ordered a  Shoe Brake thingy and a couple of Friction Discs and got all this .  ;D
Plus the Pretty GIRLIE COOZY  ::)
They priced the orig. order at @12 bux including shipping but did not bill me .

philaroman

hey, they're definitely tryin'

synthetic sideplates good enough to be tapped for fine-thread screws, might be a good idea for version 2.0

All our prior customers said it was worth $X price-bump, might be a good advertising ploy

making new/better sideplates compatible/available/affordable to prior customers, would be BRILLIANT P/R

RowdyW

No threads in the side plates. Screws thread into metal inserts in the frame. The plates are reinforced with inner & outer rings. The frame is pretty thin & whimpey.

Wompus Cat

Had to !

Plug don't just pull out

DON'T TELL TED !!!!

PacRat

So what holds that cap in the handle? Friction or glue? I might just drill a tiny lube hole in mine.

I did what Rudy did and filed the base today so it now fits just about any rod I have. I will likely put it on a $35.00 UglyStick. My nephew has a bat-ray hole down in Long Beach and I might just toss it his way for a good work-out.

I wonder what the patent status is with Newell or Valley Manufacturing because there is almost zero cross-comparability with parts. These things are like a Newell in appearance only. My curiosity is satisfied and all that's left to do is give the EMT a good pre-fish lube and put it to work.

-Mike

Wompus Cat

That Cap won't Come out without Drilling it out .It is .38 thick. 
AND I thought the Handle/Blade  was Metal but Nope it is Plastic.
I am going to custom make a Blade .Prob out of Aluminum next .

I used some of the washers I got and put where the ones were missing  and it Makes the Star
stat put now .

philaroman

does anybody think oldskool oiled saddle leather could be used to replace "drum pads"
sorry, startin' early...  eenglis not gut

Wompus Cat

Quote from: philaroman on July 04, 2021, 11:13:04 PM
does anybody think oldskool oiled saddle leather could be used to replace "drum pads"
sorry, startin' early...  eenglis not gut

Well it would be a Trick .I think Bacon Rind would be easier to cut and fit in the small space , Plus you got bait in a pinch! ::)

ps your German/Spanish not that great neither ....lol

RowdyW

Quote from: Wompus Cat on July 04, 2021, 11:04:30 PM
That Cap won't Come out without Drilling it out .It is .38 thick. 
AND I thought the Handle/Blade  was Metal but Nope it is Plastic.
I am going to custom make a Blade .Prob out of Aluminum next .

I used some of the washers I got and put where the ones were missing  and it Makes the Star
stat put now .
Black Pearl produces a few Newell style arms that will probably fit but are out of stock right now. Check out his web site. I'll make a change when he gets restocked. I like his offset aluminum one. I already have a t bar knob from Gomexus ready to go. I just don't like those paddle handles on this reel & the later Penn's.

PacRat

I'm sorry to hear that the EMT handles are plastic. I was hoping they had a steel core under the plastic. The Black Pearl handles are available on ebay but are quite expensive because of the excise tax and 3rd party vendor. I still like them a lot though. I would purchase the Black Pearl handle for one of my genuine Newells and then move the Newell handle to the EMT.

-Mike

Wompus Cat

I have Newell frames and center pieces for 113H but don't have a Complete Newell Reel I can find anyway ....

Here are dimensions of the EMT Handle.
The elongation is  .39in  9.9mm  and is .32in  8.2mm wide
If you have a Newell handle to measure or any Handle with those dimensions .

RowdyW

Quote from: PacRat on July 04, 2021, 11:53:17 PM
I'm sorry to hear that the EMT handles are plastic. I was hoping they had a steel core under the plastic. The Black Peal handles are available on ebay but are quite expensive because of the excise tax and 3rd party vendor. I still like them a lot though. I would purchase the Black Pearl handle for one of my genuine Newells and then move the Newell handle to the EMT.

-Mike

Mike, buy your handles directly from BP, just send him a pm. The dealer selling his products on ebay is outrageous. Get the Gomexus knobs on ebay directly from the manufacture in China. T bars $19.95 shipped free. 80mm length probably best for 113 or smaller. 100mm probably best for 114 & larger. JMO   

RowdyW

Quote from: Wompus Cat on July 05, 2021, 12:37:10 AM

I have Newell frames and center pieces for 113H but don't have a Complete Newell Reel I can find anyway ....

Here are dimensions of the EMT Handle.
The elongation is  .39in  9.9mm  and is .32in  8.2mm wide
If you have a Newell handle to measure or any Handle with those dimensions .

Cat I think you had better remeasure. I measured the sleeve and the rounded end is .340" & across the flats is .249". Newell arms should fit without alteration.