Handle for Daiwa Sealine 910

Started by The Reel Dr, March 02, 2022, 10:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Reel Dr

I am new to this forum.

Lots of good info on here

Anyways, I am looking for a handle for a Daiwa Sealine 910

I know the reel is Vintage which explains why its hard to find.
I am hoping someone on here has one to sell or has info on a alternate that will work

Thanks

Decker

I think the handle for the Penn 113H will fit it with a little filing.  Not sure.   This pic from eBay shows a 910 with a Penn handle:  https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/h0MAAOSw9-ZhmqXL/s-l1600.jpg

Rancanfish

If I find my parts bins after my move I'm pretty sure I may have one.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

sciaenops

I have a "rock cod" style handle that's 6" long with 3 different hole patterns but it has a rusted bolt. It's your if you want it. If interested, Pm me and I can send pics via text.

Rancanfish

This is a major pet peeve of mine, post and then disappear.....

I want to help but feel like I wasted my time.  I have to learn to keep in line with 'don't answer until they post for awhile'.

There, I feel better, lol.

alantani

if you sign up for notifications in your profile, then you will get an email when someone answers your post. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rancanfish

I understand Doc, my point was the guys that post and ghost.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Rancanfish on March 08, 2022, 10:52:11 PMThis is a major pet peeve of mine, post and then disappear.....

I want to help but feel like I wasted my time.  I have to learn to keep in line with 'don't answer until they post for awhile'.

There, I feel better, lol!

Well he is James Bond (imjmbnd007) and I bet the Queen has him  on  a ROYAL assignment . 8)
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Glos

Quote from: Rancanfish on March 09, 2022, 02:03:30 AMI understand Doc, my point was the guys that post and ghost.
That is why it`s better to make it so that they can`t open new topic until certain number of posts is made.
Many open it just for one issue they have or to say Hi.
Luck is when good preparation meets opportunity.

alantani

we could, but you just never know how it's going to work out.   :-\

Glos

Banksy.jpg
Luck is when good preparation meets opportunity.

foakes

Quote from: alantani on March 09, 2022, 07:10:00 AMwe could, but you just never know how it's going to work out.  :-\

Although, in theory, it sounds good to make sure folks are dedicated to the forum before the established members offer them parts —- there are risks involved.

1)  Most folks are just surfing for parts or information on how 
    to get their reel back to working.  If we put up roadblocks
    it will just lead to a limited viewership of the same guys
    all of the time.  This is how many sites become non-relevant.

2)  Asking someone to to do 10-25-100 posts before helping them -
    is not realistic in today's Internet world of instant info.
    We need to realize that some folks will take advantage —- but
    many others will be fair, square, and appreciative.  We can
    sort the folks out ourselves later —- but best not to paint
    everyone with a wide brush of judgement — until they prove
    themselves —- or not.

3)  Some of our best and most dedicated members came on this site
    in the same way.  I speak from experience.  We all start
    a journey with a first step.  Each of us is unique.

4)  In freely giving upfront of our time, knowledge, expertise,
    and integrity —- it will generally be returned in kind.

5)  Many things in Life don't seem fair —- and there are many
    more that we can complain about nowadays.  But...being a free
    and transparent site —- we need to realize that not everyone
    has the same values and good motives —- as we would wish.

6)  Lastly, many specialty global tech sites get maybe a couple 
    thousand unique Internet hits a month —-

Alan's site gets close to 2 million a month.  It is not about
    us & them —- it is all just us as the top Reel   
    Repair, Service, and Upgrade site in the world.

Some of our best members will come from out of nowhere —- and that is worth it to me —- to let them sort themselves out as well as to prove they are sincere.  Some will, most won't —-  but that is OK.  We can figure out who is who.

Just my personal Wednesday morning ramblings...

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

nah, c'mon, guys, this is fine.  a guy comes in, needs help and he gets help.  it's not like it's a big deal.  besides, you never know what's happening on the other side.  i had a guy one time that never answered his emails when i shipped his reels back.  it turns out that he died. 

with your help, we now have a massive amount of information stored here. anyone can come in, do a search, hopefully find what they need and fix a problem.  all without ever having to register or post anything.  that's the idea.  some days, we have 10 times as many anonymous viewers as we do registered members that are looking at the site.  the place is designed to be that way.  not everybody has the bandwidth to participate daily. i, for one, am grateful for any level of participation. 

Wompus Cat

Quote from: alantani on March 09, 2022, 04:36:48 PMnah, c'mon, guys, this is fine.  a guy comes in, needs help and he gets help.  it's not like it's a big deal.  besides, you never know what's happening on the other side.  i had a guy one time that never answered his emails when i shipped his reels back.  it turns out that he died. 

with your help, we now have a massive amount of information stored here. anyone can come in, do a search, hopefully find what they need and fix a problem.  all without ever having to register or post anything.  that's the idea.  some days, we have 10 times as many anonymous viewers as we do registered members that are looking at the site.  the place is designed to be that way.  not everybody has the bandwidth to participate daily. i, for one, am grateful for any level of participation.

I totally agree Boss and being Dead is one of the best reasons I could come up with for not posting back but this feller offered to buy my NEW Handle and I accepted via p/m and never heard back so in this instance untill I see a death notice or he Does get back I am with Rancanfish , it is an annoying thingee and the scroll down  arrow in right hand corner when posting replies or sending p/m's don't work FYI .
Either way I have 5 of these Reels complete (Don't have a Clue Why ) and one to build and can use the extra handle on it . :D 
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Rancanfish

8) Ok, I'll give him until october, then that's it.