SHOW YOUR WORK BENCH

Started by coastalobsession, February 09, 2012, 11:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluefish69

Newell used to work for Penn. I have some of my Dad's Penn reels from the 40's till '69. They all work just fine. I am converting Penn Jig Master Jr to Newell by changing the gears.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Cone

Dominick nice reels. Do you have a better pic of the "Mack" reel. I can't really see it.  ;) I'm willing to help with the winter clutter. Send em to me!  ;D   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Dominick

Quote from: Cone on January 27, 2013, 02:57:30 PM
Dominick nice reels. Do you have a better pic of the "Mack" reel. I can't really see it.  ;) I'm willing to help with the winter clutter. Send em to me!  ;D   Bob
PM me your address.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Kayaker

Here is mine...  :P  As you can see, I have been rehabing some of my Sealine reels.

JasonF

Nothing special, but here is mine.  It was in the garage, but the garage lacked AC and surround sound so when wife went on a business trip it migrated to the bedroom!

BMITCH

Dominick, is that the 9/0 I sold you?? If so its in much better company there then when it was with my stuff here in NJ. Very nice collection.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Marlinmate

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

Dominick

Very cool Marlinmate...Bmitch that is the one.  I am going to double dog it when I get the nerve to put the Dremel to it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

George4741

Quote from: JasonF on March 03, 2013, 02:33:29 AM

Nothing special, but here is mine.  It was in the garage, but the garage lacked AC and surround sound so when wife went on a business trip it migrated to the bedroom!

Very nice and organized, Jason.  Now, when wife gets home lets hope she doesn't move YOU into the garage. ;)
viurem lliures o morirem

triumphrick

These are early pics....

My garage is a free standing 2400 sq ft building with a 16' X 16' tackle room...

I need to get some current pics since most of my work has picked up!

The triumph needs to get finished!!

saltydog

Well with my lure making and reel repair stuff my garage wall needs some work.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

BMITCH

A rare moment when my bench is an organized mess. When I get the fishing room(as my wife calls it) cleaned up I'll post some pictures.
Bob

LTM

Bmitch,

Is that a digital theodolite I notice in the front left corner on your bench? I also noticed your DC power supplies and soldering goodies, what type of electronic's do you do? Have you ever fiddled with those digital control (aka DC) Shimano reels?

Good fishing and tinkering,

Leo

BMITCH

Leo, that what they call a Total Station. I run a survey instrument repair service. So when I get a chance to work on things that are only mechanical it's a treat. I have not had the chance to crack open a DC reel as of yet. That concept I really never got. I'll take an educated thumb any day, that only being said because I've never tried one of the digital control reels. Maybe someday.

Bob

Hardy Boy

I have my work area in a room in the basement, near the wood stove and TV so I'm warm and can have some football on while servicing reels during the winter. It is also the room where I have to put the things that the wife doesn't want upstairs !
Todd