avet clicker…

Started by sebastianr240, November 24, 2022, 09:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebastianr240

As we all know avet clickers in the past have been terrible. I got this lx for a song and really the only problem is the clicker.

Whenever I engage it and reel, it ever so slightly comes out of position so the clicker is super quiet. Whenever I hold the clicker all the way down as I reel it gets way louder since it's being held in position.

I thought maybe putting some stronger springs in might help, I did just that by cutting one in half and re-placing them. Didn't do anything at all. I'm thinking maybe it's the design of where the posts are in relation to the clicker that is causing this.

Any advice? I might just sell the reel and walk away with my money if this is gonna be a guessing game fix.

It would be a shame because mechanically it's in great shape, but the clicker is very important for the type of fishing that i do, and I don't like fishing reels without parts that should be functioning  ;D

Thanks in advance.

sebastianr240

also one of the 2 teflon washers is missing (key 45). Does that affect anything if i just leave the one in? the drag seems to be functioning normally as is.

schematic:
http://www.reelschematic.com/wp-content/uploads/schematics/Avet/Avet%20LX%20%206.0-1%20LX%20%206.0-1MC.pdf

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

sebastianr240

Quote from: Keta on November 25, 2022, 03:27:26 AMThe washers are needed.

Schematic shows 2 but there's only one. So that's a problem?

Keta

Quote from: sebastianr240 on November 25, 2022, 04:47:28 AM
Quote from: Keta on November 25, 2022, 03:27:26 AMThe washers are needed.

Schematic shows 2 but there's only one. So that's a problem?

It could cause issues but not clicker issues.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

there is usually a black plastic collar for the click button that presses into the side plate.  that is the piece that usually has to be replaced. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

sebastianr240

Quote from: alantani on November 25, 2022, 04:20:15 PMthere is usually a black plastic collar for the click button that presses into the side plate.  that is the piece that usually has to be replaced. 

Are you referring to key 67 in the schematic i linked? if so that piece is white on mine. Or are you referring to 66 clicker housing? thanks.

Keta

Mark Twain

sebastianr240

Quote from: Keta on November 25, 2022, 05:05:47 PMItem 66 Clicker Housing.

Thanks! I'll order that and the washer!

Keta

Replace the pinion bearing, #23, when you are inside the reel.

Mark Twain

sebastianr240

Quote from: Keta on November 25, 2022, 05:19:14 PMReplace the pinion bearing, #23, when you are inside the reel.

All the bearings are in good shape. Just serviced the reel. No problems cranking until you start getting to really high drag levels (probably past spec)

spool bearings are especially good. over a minute free spool

alantani

probably the pinion bearing.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

The Teflon washer and clicker part will cover shipping and the last time I looked the pinion bearings were $6.00 each.  I replace pinion bearings whenever I rebuild a Avet, they tend to fail.

Mark Twain

handi2

I still have a bad full of the small Avet clicker parts. I used to change them all the time
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Keta

I repair reels for a few people that never take the clicker off when reeling in and I have to replace clicker parts every time, usualy item 66A. 

Mark Twain