Cortez Conversions Bling Thread

Started by Maxed Out, March 21, 2023, 08:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Here is a thread for everyone to post up Cortez Conversions builds. I'll start by posting some Thorhammer bling for inspiration. Please post up your Cortez reels here for all to see

-Ted-
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Here you go Ted. Thank you Tom!

Maxed Out

Wow Randy, never get tired of seeing that fully converted 20/0. It's a beast and a piece of modern art !!

Maxed Out

I have a few full Conversions, but most are in storage bins at the moment. Here is a Cortez jigmaster 500.

Rocket Dog

Nice..... Randy whats that little green gem you have there?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Rocket Dog on March 22, 2023, 04:41:00 AMNice..... Randy whats that little green gem you have there?

That's a 146 Jose.  It's in the photo for a size comparison.   The red reel is a 9/0.

1badf350

Here's my contribution to the thread
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

1badf350

Love that little green reel Randy! Ted those blue ones are ice hot!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you Chris.  Those two of yours are my favorites.  It took brass bells to roll the dice with your engraver, but they came out spectacular.

Gfish

Port to starboard Jigmasters; 501(Tiburon frame), 99, and a 500. Kind of a lousy picture, but I had to edit out the hand-made stickers, I put in various places. Working reels and I like to keep track of the line and leaders.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Swami805

Here's my squidders. One with the CC 146 in cobalt, an XN frame from Randy with black plates and a silver 146 with Ted's silver base
Do what you can with that you have where you are

thorhammer

Some sexy stuff there, folks! Great idea, Ted. I'll see if I can get a few out. I counted the builds with Maxed Out and CC stuff on them the other day and it was in the dozens.

Cortez_Conversions

Here's my contribution to the thread:
I'm heading down to Baja for some much needed R&R and needed something new.....

Edit: Here's the build list:
Cortez Conversions:
Orange JigMaster Plate Kit
Orange 99 width Base, clamp, and cross bars
3.5" Handle Arm
3/0 size acrylic grip, Tye Dye color
Stainless steel gear sleeve

Ultimate Upgrades:
5 stack drag kit

Penn:
stock gear set and internals

Tiburon:
99 width spool
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

1badf350

-Chris

thorhammer