Alantani.com 15th Anniversary trip! AUGUST 13th!

Started by jlezama, May 24, 2023, 10:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johndtuttle

Quote from: johndtuttle on July 16, 2023, 02:42:17 PMHey, guess what?

I booked it too!

(says 9 spots available???  :o )

Or rather, I tried to....still waiting for an email to recover my password on their site.... ???

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill B

I suggest you call them.  I just confirmed my reservation by calling and while talking with him he stated they have a new computer reservation system and still working out the bugs.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

johndtuttle

Ok,awaiting confirmation email but I paid!

See you guys in a month or so!

-John

Bill B

So SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) was looking for a place to stay while we are in town and found a BnB, actually it's a travel trailer 🤣. Don't blame me, it was her idea 🤫. For 2 nights it can't be that bad.  Heck I lived in a 30' for 5 years in Sacramento.   After the trip we are going to continue north and visit my mom in Crescent City.  I still have to go through the rest of my dads tools and fishing gear.  He was into bass fishing for quite a while and if memory serves me well there are 3 Garcia Conlon trout poles.  Bill

Bill B

mikeysm

Whats up I paid for my trip and never received a receipt. I have my password but I can't find any proof of my payment.

jlezama

Check your spam folder, I found mine there
Juan

Bryan Young

Hi Juan,

I'm sorry. I cannot make it due to some health issues that we are tying to solve. Looking forward to the posts though.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

jlezama

Hi everybody!
    This is a video with the instructions for parking, I will update you on the type of fishing once I speak to the captain. One thing is for sure, we will load on chillipeppers so bring a deep drop setup (300 ft+) and some flies, I will find out about the lingcod situation

https://youtu.be/1z6J4efYMi4?feature=shared

Bill B

johndtuttle

Quote from: Bill B on August 08, 2023, 03:34:01 AMis anyone bringing whole frozen squid?

They usually have squid strips on the boat to sweeten hooks but not whole squid.

BTW I confirmed with Kahuna, I'll be there on Sunday.  >:D

El Pescador

Juan,

Any idea what size weights to bring???

12 oz, 16 oz, or 2 lbs????

Let us know please.  TANKS.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

jlezama

Based on the forecast SW winds 5 to 10 knots. Wind waves 3 to 4 ft. W swell around 2 ft,
and previous experience with the charter. 12-24 oz weights as we may venture to 450 ft. If you have electric reels bring them in. Recommended jigs, nothing under 8 oz (10 oz best). If you are planning to use whole squid, I recommend bring some of your own, as the boat only has strips. Will confirm the details with the captain this afternoon
Thanks
Juan

Bill B

24oz lead and 450' 😱. Time to get the 6/0's and 9/0's spooled up 🫣.  Anyone have a bulk spool of Dacron 😆. Bill