Alantani.com 15th Anniversary trip! AUGUST 13th!

Started by jlezama, May 24, 2023, 10:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crab Pot

Just too close to my San Diego trip so $$$ is tight.

Never fished that deep on a charter so I'm interested in the quality of fish you guys catch.

I own no electric reels but I guess if your going 400' down I GET IT!

Hope everyone slays tomorrow (while I'm at work) and can't wait to see the pictures.

Buy it nice or buy it twice.

alantani

It begins!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

the rockfish ninja

Hope you folks have a great time getting together on the water.
Wish I could fish but have been off the water this year due to health reasons. Looking forward to reports.
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

Rocket Dog

Crab Pot

Quote from: Rocket Dog on August 13, 2023, 07:54:08 PMhope you guys kill it. it also looks cold.

Yeah, they can send some of that to the Sacramento Area...

pjstevko

Bill B

Well one report I can make is while enroute to my moms house in Crescent City our car suffered a catastrophic break down.  We will be in C City for a while as Volvo fixes the car.   At least it's still under warranty. 

Oh yeah, the fishing was excellent.  Boat limited out in 6 hours.  A variety of fish were caught, starry cod, boccasio, wolf eel, petrole sole, yellow eye (released), ling cod.  Water was lake smooth (not the usual Victory at Sea), boat hauled butt, fishermen and women were excellent company, brownies caused a diabetic coma.  Can't wait for next year.  I never fished the Kahuna before and will definitely fish her again.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

Flat calm seas, lots of fish!

Brewcrafter

Now THAT's a report.  Damn Bill I hope the whole car thing works out - I'm sure its a PITA but you're not missing much since it's hot here and judging by the clouds you have monsoon season up the hill.  Looks like you have LOTS of tasty fish!  Always good fried but love it marinated and kissed by the coals.  Awesome that you did not have the typical "Victory at Sea" conditions. - john

Bill B

Forgot to mention, the skipper Nicky, was exceptionally helpful.  He informed me the petrole sole are extremely poisonous and that he would take both of them off my hands for proper disposal 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Butt seriously he is a great captain and runs a tight boat with two great deckies.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

mikeysm

He took then off your hands because they are a good eating fish.

Crab Pot

Did you get into electric reel depths?

Wolf Eel, never caught one of those.

How big was it and did anyone take pictures of it!

Hint Hint:

Can we plan AT16 in September!

I'd sure love to go and put faces to names!

El Pescador

Quote from: Crab Pot on August 17, 2023, 12:28:14 AMWolf Eel, never caught one of those.

How big was it and did anyone take pictures of it!

Hint Hint:

I'd sure love to go and put faces to names!

CP,

I've got you covered!!!

here are a few photos of the beast of a fish called a Wolf Eel,  Photos DO NOT do it justice, a Video would be much better.

Here's the Capt. laying some wood on the beast's head, sending it to the big Fish Heaven in the sky,

The head was cut off, thrown overboard, and the deckhand fileted it out for the angler to take home, cook and consume.  He said it was similar to Ling Cod.  BUTT who knows.

I have a few appointments today, will post later this afternoon.  FOR SURE.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

pjstevko

I hear they're really good eating but don't think I'd do it....

Looks like everyone had a great time and I'm sorry I missed it.

Jt did you win the golden carp award with that monster of a rockfish you posted  ;D

alantani

Quote from: Crab Pot on August 17, 2023, 12:28:14 AMDid you get into electric reel depths?

tommy dembski and i used electrics.  they worked great.  it's too hard on my shoulders otherwise.  for me, almost any depth is good enough for electric.