New member from New Zealand

Started by snappercatcher, February 28, 2012, 04:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snappercatcher

Hello to everyone
My names Rod I'm from Auckland, New Zealand, obviously I'm into fishing  ;D ;D
I have 4 reels which I try to look after & after discovering this site was blown away by the knowledge people have of their pride and joy's  ;) So I'm definitely going to treat them a lot better from now on
Unfortunately all the good lubes and oils aren't available here so it does cost a little more to ship this distance!!
All of my fishing is saltwater for snapper, john dory, yellowtail kingfish, trevally & kahawai.
Reels are in order of preference
Sealine-x40 SHA - fairly old but a decent reel I reckon
Abu-Record 60
Shimano Tyrnos 10
Shimano Baitrunner 4500

Rod

I also build rods, mainly soft-bait but also the odd game

alantani

rod, welcome!  i just tried sending another can of tsi 301 to justin.  the first one never made it.  check back later on our progress.  if this one is successful, there will more. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kamuwela

redsetta

G'day Rod and welcome aboard.
Try Smooth Drag for your carbontex and Cal's (info@smoothdrag.com).
Dawn's customer service is unparalleled.
The 1oz Cal's will do the job if you're only servicing your own reels (NZ$8.40 plus shipping).
You'll pay more than twice that purchasing from a shop here.
If you're doing a lot of reels, go for the 1lb container (NZ$29) - it's defintely worth the expense.
Inox is readily available (try Smart Marine) and is top stuff for all other light lube requirements.
TSI isn't available in NZ yet, but can be sought from TSI direct (http://www.tsi301.com/contact.htm) or from Alan.
Mine arrived today on the second attempt - thanks mate.
Hope you enjoy your stay at Alan's place! ;)
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Panama

Get on the water, Man!!!

Norcal Pescador

Welcome aboard Rod! Have an enjoyable stay.
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Irish Jigger

snappercatcher

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I forgot, I also have a Penn Conquer 7000 which I lent to my brother in law, good reel I reckon despite some bad press. Cheers Justin for the info, its a bit like rod building can't get most things here in NZ so most of it's from the US, guess thats part of living in such a remote place, mind you a great place to fish so i can't complain  8)
Rod

Nessie Hunter

Welcome Rod.....

Good to have such diversity of locations on the board....
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

snappercatcher

Quote from: Nessie Hunter on February 28, 2012, 07:34:11 PM
Welcome Rod.....

Good to have such diversity of locations on the board....
Thanks yes looking at the map on the homepage there's a smorgasbord of nationalities on here  :o

Bryan Young

Welcome Rod.

sounds like you have to good mix of good eating fish you catch there.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

snappercatcher

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 29, 2012, 05:14:09 AM
Welcome Rod.

sounds like you have to good mix of good eating fish you catch there.

Yes we have a pretty diverse range of fish. of course some of these are Maori names so there would be equivalent elsewhere, might need to do a pictorial and see what they look like to others on the site!