You know you're a Reel-Head when......

Started by Caranx, March 08, 2012, 08:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessie Hunter

You hope and pray that when you die..
Your wife/kids dont sell all your gear/tools/parts etc for what you told them you paid for it!!!!!!!!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Panama

....Your wife ask "Why do you have so many reels/rods?" and you reply "Cause I can't afford more than one woman!"
....You just got a new reel and you stop at a traffic signal/stop sign to open the box and play with the free spool and in turn hold up traffic
....You wake up thinking of ways to improve your rod/reel combination instead of planning a day with family
Get on the water, Man!!!

Caranx

When you keep checking the USPS website for delivery date and try to intercept the package before your wife gets a hold of it.

When you have to get rid of any evidence of purchase receipts.

When you take off the postage/shipping labels and hide the boxes until trash nite.

Keta

Quote from: Caranx on March 16, 2012, 11:46:44 PM
When you keep checking the USPS website for delivery date and try to intercept the package before your wife gets a hold of it.

When you take off the postage/shipping labels and hide the boxes until trash nite.

Start working on reels for money and the boxes slip right past the lovely wife, it works for firearms too.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

flyforfish21

Panama hit the nail on the head with the traffic quote. That was me the other day LOL!

Geoff

Dominick

Quote from: Keta on March 16, 2012, 11:53:43 PM

Start working on reels for money and the boxes slip right past the lovely wife, it works for firearms too.
Hey Lee: Do you have a FFL?  I had to ship a rifle to a Scapoose, Oregon dealer charged $30.00.  Nice money for receiving a package.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Caranx, have you been watching me? ;D. You forgot to mention erasing emails stating that you won another reel. ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Quote from: Pescachaser on March 17, 2012, 12:45:36 AM
Hey Lee: Do you have a FFL?  I had to ship a rifle to a Scapoose, Oregon dealer charged $30.00.  Nice money for receiving a package.  Dominick

I let it go when I got sick.  $30.00 is ridiculous.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Caranx

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 17, 2012, 12:48:47 AM

Caranx, have you been watching me? ;D. You forgot to mention erasing emails stating that you won another reel. ;)
Oh yeah, I forgot about those emails. They go straight down the black hole!
When my wife does receive the package before me, she gets the same old story from me "I got the reel dirt cheap and I can sell it for a good profit!" yeah right... Hardly any reel gets sold.  The bad buys just get put aside for extra parts or given away for free. 

broschro

When you get excited about an old toothbrush.

conchydong

wallacewt

cigar for broschro :D :D

redsetta

Quotecigar for broschro :D :D
x2.
My six-year-old daughter says I smell like fishing reels - she means marine grease and carb cleaner. ;)
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: broschro on March 17, 2012, 11:03:14 PM
When you get excited about an old toothbrush.

;D       ;D              ;D

Thats so true..........    We are weird.....    ::)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Caranx

You mean you guys use old worn toothbrushes???? ;D
I prefer firm straight bristles!! Lol
My favorite is the "Tek DeLuxe" brand. Not sure if it's still being made. I had it for quite a while...