7 days till we leave for australia!

Started by alantani, July 11, 2012, 05:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

don't worry, guys, my vision is not that bad.  at least not yet, anyway!  besides, forgot about that one.  gotta tell the kids.  they'll get a kick out of it.  actually, they're girls so they would never notice!!! 

ok, now, let's not get carried away with the potty jokes.  remember the rules!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

george.s

Quote from: alantani on July 11, 2012, 11:32:42 PM
i just send an e-mail to jack erskine as well.  will be be spending some time in cairns.  it would great to meet him, and to also do some fishing. 
Sorry to say Alan Jack passed away last night. R.I.P Jack.

aus bass

Welcome to the land of Oz. Best thing about Australia is that no matter where you are you'll be able to find a fish to catch from frozen highlands and snowy peaks to hot desert springs, from giant freshwater rivers to 600ft sea canyons. Fish fill almost every niche environment down here. Lets hope you get to catch a few new species to add to your list.

Also pop your head into a few tackle stores and have a look we have a special market of fishing gear down here that isn't found elsewhere. Us Aussie tend to be pretty harsh on our equipment and it's the perfect place for companies to feild test their products.

Just remember if you want to fit in down here just start every conversation with G'day mate, how's it goin'? and you'll fit right in. ;D
The greatest lie a reel repairer ever told was "yes dear this is a customers reel".

Dominick

Quote from: aus bass on July 17, 2012, 06:52:48 AM
Just remember if you want to fit in down here just start every conversation with G'day mate, how's it goin'? and you'll fit right in. ;D

Also throw in a goodonya once in a while.   :D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Irish Jigger

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Australian holiday Alan. Don't forget the pics ;)

alantani

i will definitely make it a point to swing by jack erskine's shop to pay my respects.......   :-[

Bryan Young

Wish I could swing by but I'll be in Vancouver, WA. Just foun out today, leaving tomorrow.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dave Bentley

G'Day is pronounced gudday or guddai
Only believe that which you know to be true.

Taily

Quote from: Pescachaser on July 17, 2012, 04:31:35 PM
Quote from: aus bass on July 17, 2012, 06:52:48 AM

Also throw in a goodonya once in a while.   :D  Dominick

Some from other countries seem to tend to think that we speak too quickly. Its not that at all.... We do tend to run one word into another, such as 'Owyagoinmatedija'aveagoodweegend? which, translated into English is How are you, how was your weekend? Some say.... that it has its origins in the sheer number of flies that seemed to at one stage inhabit this Lucky country and that you had to keep your mouth open for as little time as possible, but no-one knows for sure.  ;) ;) ;)

Anyway, have a great flight down here and I hope you have a great time while you're here. I do promise you we don't all talk like a machine gun.

Regards, or if you like hooroomate'aveagoodn'

Dave   
Nunc est bibendum....

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

Stuck in LA right now with a flight delay. Thinking about a scotch!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

They don't have scotch in the airport... don't think it, drink it!
Safe trip, Pal
Dom

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: alantani on July 19, 2012, 05:51:15 AM
Stuck in LA right now with a flight delay. Thinking about a scotch!

Scotch + Airline travel = Happy Camper...   ;D

Have a good trip......
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

nearly a 4 hour delay, got food poisoning from the salmon dinner on qantas, couldn't sleep at all. burned out.  did some walking today, had lunch at darling harbor.  $170 lunch!  went to the tower,  did some more walking.  no one here has free wifi.  but drivers drive realle fast!!!!  got a cell phone.  it's 0416-829-205.  my cell phone does not work here.  the wife has our schedule. monday is our free day.  photos are loading.  i will try to get them posted.  alan