7 days till we leave for australia!

Started by alantani, July 11, 2012, 05:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Wow! I feel like you're my tour guide... I agree, keep 'em coming!
The more places Alan goes= the less places I have to visit ;D
Enjoy those crab legs,
Dom

alantani

two nights ago, we headed to chinatown for dinner.  it was a place called "tai" something and it was close the arch on the north end of the street.  yesterday, we took a tour to the blue mountains and saw the three sisters, then back to leura for lunch, then to the zoo and finally the olympic village.  last night we had tapaa and paella at capitan torres.  nice place! 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

Looks like a great trip Alan - stoked for ya.
The Blue Mountains are spectacular.
The Three Sisters below, for those unfamiliar:

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dave Bentley

Alan and Family, you have seen more of Sydney and surrounds in a week than most Sydneyites do in a life time.

Keep up the pace and well done.
Only believe that which you know to be true.

broadway

Dave's right! Keep it up, and you'll find yourself in New Zealand in no time ;)
Safe travels,
Dom

Bryan Young

Is that line for dan tats (small custard pies)?  Did you get some?  Were they good?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 23, 2012, 03:13:48 PM
Is that line for dan tats (small custard pies)?  Did you get some?  Were they good?

The line looks like it's for Emperor's Puffs.  The Chinese copied this from the Italian Zeppoli.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

Hey Alan,
     What did ya expect for 30 cents each? Next time you know to get 40 of 'em  ;D
Hey Dominick,
     You mean, they got it from Italy like they did the fishing reel  ;)
Dom

Dominick

Quote from: redsetta on July 22, 2012, 10:46:25 PM
Looks like a great trip Alan - stoked for ya.
The Blue Mountains are spectacular.
The Three Sisters below, for those unfamiliar:

Looks like the middle sister needs to go on a diet.   ;D  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

:D ;D
Jeez you're funny Dominick - cheers for the laugh ;)

Dominick

Quote from: redsetta on July 24, 2012, 09:57:13 PM
:D ;D
Jeez you're funny Dominick - cheers for the laugh ;)
Justin:  I was serious.  Google zeppoli.  Dominick

redsetta

"...deep-fried dough balls, topped with powdered sugar and filled with custard or jelly."
Oh man, they sound good! My kids would probably live on those, given the choice ;) ;D

seaeagle2

"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Dominick

Quote from: redsetta on July 24, 2012, 10:22:01 PM
"...deep-fried dough balls, topped with powdered sugar and filled with custard or jelly."
Oh man, they sound good! My kids would probably live on those, given the choice ;) ;D
Quote from: seaeagle2 on July 25, 2012, 02:43:15 AM
Sounds like Malasadas

Probably every nationality fries dough and sweetens it.  Justin you are right given the choice we would all eat sweets if it was healthy.  Zeppolis aren't always filled with custard or jelly.  Just fried dough with powdered sugar is good eating, just like beignets.  By the way, I've been working on gluten free beignets.  When I get it right, I'll send you the recipe.  I had gluten free chocolate cake for my birthday yesterday.  Dominick